Finland

SS Viking

Hello from Sweden!

Finland was the third most powerful ally to Germany after Japan and Italy.

They didn't just restrain huge amounts of russian troops, they also destroyed 20 times more enemy troops and material compared to their own losses. A ratio that even exceeded the statistics of the Waffen-SS. Also they had one of the best commanders of WWII, Field Marshal Mannerheim.

I like SC a lot, but you have to include a Finnish HQ with minimum 8 in quality and give the Finnish infantry better qualities and the possibility to reinforce fully.

Also, pls reconsider the retreat option. Increase the map size in north. Now the game misses some very important areas of WWII as well as some obvious strategic options. I think of the north sea convoys (leand lease), Narvik, iron and so on ...

In south (North Africa) the map has to be increased with at least two rows of hexes. The same remains with the atlantic. It must be increased in size to enhance realism.

There is much more, but pls look into Finland. Right now it is the biggest setback in SC.

Finally, many have said this but it can't be said enough. Patch 1.03 in general and the CD check in particilar is a disaster.

Best Regard,

Erik Viking

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Old Patch:

Hey, CvM! Why don't you two get married? You have a lot in common.

I don't know if this message is ment for me, but I know it has nothing to do with my question.

Pls don't post nonsence here. Moderator pls clean up here.

I've a serious question that demands serious answers. I would really appreciate if Hubert game me an answer.

Dispointed, Eric:-(

Originally posted by SS Viking:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Old Patch:

I don't know if this message is ment for me, but I know it has nothing to do with my question.

I've a serious question that demands serious answers. I would really appreciate if Hubert game me an answer.

Dispointed, Eric:-(</font>

Originally posted by Wolfpack:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SS Viking:

Originally posted by Wolfpack:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SS Viking:

Originally posted by SS Viking:

Eric, I agree that the Finns are abit underpowered and they did kick ass.

Hubert may or may not give them more strenght, so one alternative is that you draw up your own campaign, where you modify the Finns experience and entrenchment value.

Or, you do as the Germans did, send them some help. Ship up a HQ, an army and possibly even an airfleet. That should do the trick and keep the Russians at bay.

Good luck

~Norse~

SS Viking,

Hello from Tumbleweed Junction, USA!

What I know about Sweden -- the autos are mechanically sound, the Cinema is often existential and deeply psychological, and the sauna baths -- exhilirating!

Many forum folks agree about the map and there are a few who support your idea that Finland in WW2 should be stronger militarily. (... the CvM innocently alluded to above, being one of them)

You will find the forum to be eclectic and free-spirited. Your signature indicates anarchy, whereas your comments sound a bit conformist, so you will fit right in, since contradiction, just like dialectic, is a great way to eventually understand Life's complexities! smile.gif

FWIW, I agree with everything you've said, EXCEPT about the Patch, and the CD-check.

The patch improves the AI, adds a Sovjet Cruiser in the Black Sea (properly so) and the CD-check is hardly an issue that will fold the Circus Tent -- in fact, to me it is a non-issue, like worrying about road-taxes or the apalling price of Cinema tickets -- you can always choose to walk, or to rent the video, yes? ;)

Originally posted by Immer Etwas:

SS Viking,

What I know about Sweden -- the autos are mechanically sound, the Cinema is often existential and deeply psychological, and the sauna baths -- exhilirating!

Many forum folks agree about the map and there are a few who support your idea that Finland in WW2 should be stronger militarily. (... the CvM innocently alluded to above, being one of them)

You will find the forum to be eclectic and free-spirited. Your signature indicates anarchy, whereas your comments sound a bit conformist, so you will fit right in, since contradiction, just like dialectic, is a great way to eventually understand Life's complexities! smile.gif

FWIW, I agree with everything you've said, EXCEPT about the Patch, and the CD-check.

The patch improves the AI, adds a Sovjet Cruiser in the Black Sea (properly so) and the CD-check is hardly an issue that will fold the Circus Tent -- in fact, to me it is a non-issue, like worrying about road-taxes or the apalling price of Cinema tickets -- you can always choose to walk, or to rent the video, yes? ;)

Originally posted by Immer Etwas:

SS Viking,

Ok guys, I'll ease up. I was quite annoyed by this game concerning, among other things, the finns. In the same time I love the game. Also then I saw this forum I got happy. That's the reason I jumped at the first answer.

Now I understand.

Of course Hubert doesn't own me an answer. I said I demanded serious answers AND hoped to get an answer from Hubert.

This 1.03 patch is a problem since the game doesn't find the CD either in the DVD or burner.

This means I've to play with patch 1.02 even then I want the improved AI. I know from other games, such as Sudden Strike, that it took them (CDV/Fireglove) almost 6 months and many patches before the CD check worked with every CD, DVD and burner out there. I don't want this to happen to this game.

Roll on ...

tongue.gif

Originally posted by Carl Von Mannerheim:

Viking i think i love you!!

Another Finnish advocate in the forum, look back at some of my posts, ive aalready fought this struggle. And continue to......

CVM

Hi!

Be careful with that love thing ... they r already talking about marrige n stuff ... ;)

Seriously, it is an important issue. It's not just a question of being maybe the biggest historical miss in the game, it's more because it imbalance the east front. Together with the mutilated map it removes almost the whole north front and all it strategical options.

Have u received any answer from Hubert yet?

Let us keep up this fight for our good couse with finnish SISU!

/Eric

As originally posted by CvM:

Another Finnish advocate in the forum, look back at some of my posts, ive aalready fought this struggle. And continue to......

... and will, no doubt, until the wayward cows come lately lowing home, or,

... when each & every SC-Finn resembles -- those glorious roman Gladiators of old -- with 99 Lion signs etched on their well-worn, majestically borne, sword-hilt... ;)

I also join to the "HQ for Finland" gang. Also I'm wondering why Sweden has Airforce and Finland doesn't ? In the real war FAF had a lot of excellent pilots and managed to save our cities (of course, AA artillery and all that played a role too) from destrucion. Especially the "peace bombings" of Helsinki in '44.

Anyway, great game.