Printable SC Map

RommelDAK

I'm sure someone else has already done this, but I couldn't find it anywhere. So this is how I spent an exciting Friday night--doing screen caps and pasting! It's not perfect. I think Turkey took the worst of it, as it's the last place I worked on (it reminded me of the time I wallpapered our kitchen--it just wouldn't line up! ).

Here's a big map:

Large SC Map MAP DELETED--see my note below

and here's a smaller one:

Small SC Map MAP DELETED--see my note below

Oh, by "smaller" I mean in terms of file size (the detail is not as good)--it's physically the same size. Of course, you can download it and fix that yourself. I also have the original bitmap version I made, but it's massive (12,000KB). If someone wants it I'd be glad to e-mail (go to my profile to get my address).

Again, apologies if this was posted somewhere else and I just couldn't find it.

MODERATOR: If it turns out that there is some legal or moral reason that I should not have posted Hubert's map without permission, then by all means delete this post!

[ February 19, 2003, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: RommelDAK ]

Well, I'm glad it helped someone--especially a fan of Buckaroo Banzai and a person who quoted from the same speech as me for his sig!

The nut that I am, I've printed the map, too, and plan to mount it this afternoon.

Sometimes I frighten myself with the sort of things I decide to do for fun.

RommelDAK

Always a pleasure to find another fan of that grossly underappreciated cineramic masterpiece! smile.gif

After watching James Burke's Connections, Connections II, and Connections III the past few years, where screwy pastimes with bizarre results are the norm, what you did with the map seems perfectly rational!

DOH! I'm an idiot! I should have declared war on everyone before I did the screen pics so I'd have all the resource values on the map, too!

I also need to add the Vichy and Russo-German partition borders. Busy week, but maybe I can give you better versions by Thursday or Friday.

Done! I couldn't take it--I had to fix the maps! The links above now take you to SC maps including resource levels. What the heck, here they are again:

Smaller version MAP DELETED--see my note below

Larger version MAP DELETED--see my note below

Again, "larger" and "smaller" refer to file size and hence quality rather than physical size. The red lines are the Vichy border and the Russo-German partition of Poland.

I went crazy and did another map, this one giving a summary of each minor's troop strength:

Smaller version including troop strength MAP DELETED--see my note below

Larger version including troop stength

These are troop strengths given activation on Sept. 1, 1939. Dunno if any of these would change over the course of the game. Also bear in mind that a couple of the minors' units are at strength 8 rather than 10.

Hope this is helpful to someone!

EDIT: Oh, if you catch an error, please let me know!

[ February 19, 2003, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: RommelDAK ]

RommelDAK

Great work. Of course it's useful to someone. I have you're complete collection now and I'm sure they'll be very useful.

You've completed a task of vital importance few would have attempted, or even recognized, and you have done so with exceptional exactitude. smile.gif

Mere words don't do it. If only I had a spare medal -- wait, let me look in my footlocker. . . hold on a minute . . . where's that old ... it's in here somewhere, the South Mullukan Award for, uh, it's in here somewhere. . . .maybe it's under the, uh . . .

[ February 11, 2003, 01:57 AM: Message edited by: JerseyJohn ]

• 2 weeks later...

Out of respect for my university's server, I've decided to pull of three of the four maps (no one complained, but they are pretty darn big! ). I'll leave the big one with the minors' troop strengths on it. If anyone wants the others then please e-mail me (address available in my profile).

Here's the one I left on:

Map

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...