Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

POLL: Most popular campaign.

Allies. It was glorious. After failing to take the Low Countries, I was able to sit a Brit army commanded by an HQ into Brussles supported by 3 Brit airfleets. He never cracked my line in France at all. I had Italy sealed off with Canadians and French, and Germany sealed off with Brits and French. He tried to invade France from the south with an HQ, 2 Armies and a tank group, but he didn't bank on the fact that I had just about the whole RN in the Med. It was pretty nasty.

I took Iraq pretty much off the bat, killed his U-Boats (of course) thwarted an invasion of Norway, and a few other minor victories like the exilation of the Italian Navy to the sea floor.

Russia came into the war in 1940 and thundered through Poland. That was it then, he transfered all his units to stop the Russians and allowed me to take his capitals, swearing that he would "NEVER FALL TO THOSE COMMUNIST PIGS!"

It was fun for the...year and 1/4 that the war lasted.

I've only played the game a handful of times (only got it recently) but I've been starting with the invasion of France and the Low Countries.

When I first got the game, I started with the invasion of Poland - this ended rather badly as I invaded Poland and then was in the process of invading Denmark and Norway when France INVADED Germany through the Low Countries, taking me quite by surprise (I had assumed that the Drole de Guerre would have been enforced somehow).

Anyway - it'd be interesting to go back and try the game starting in 1939 now that I've got a few games under my belt.

I always play the full thing starting in 1939.

Sometimes I play Expert +2 with Rusia Neutral ...so I decide when to attack Rusia. I still get pounded at Expert +2 if I let Rusia attack me before I am ready.

Sometimes I play Intermediate +1 with every other option at Random.

Don't play historical. Like to have some unpredictability built in.