Pacific SC

napgamer

Out of respect for Kuniworth...I will refrain from singing "here we go 'round the Mulberry bush" in this SC2 thread....I will say that in posts regarding a pacific version of CM, there seemed to be the opinion that BATTLEFRONT was not really interested in producing pacific theater games...whether this is accurate or not remains to be seen....

[ July 24, 2003, 01:19 PM: Message edited by: J P Wagner ]

I'd like a strategic game with anything BUT European WW-2....how about......Pacific, U.S. Civil War, Roman Era, New World Exploration, etc. Something different.

I think the Euro game players are too fasinated by German WW-2. Plus they sell the best.

Invent,

Rambo

We've talked about the technical problems with a SC Pacific. Lets bring up a marketing problem. Any SC Pacific game will be compared to Grisby and Matrix games. Grisbys design has been refined over the last ten to twenty years. If you try and bring SC Pacific up to a "grand strategic" scale, so it can compete at a different operational level, you've run the risk of losing the flavor of the Pacific battles.

The above I believe is enough of a reason (ignoring the technical issues) for SC to stay away from the Pacific.

As many have mentioned, SC still has some things that need to be refined to make it a more mature system. Or have we forgot the problem with Tanks, Heavy Tank R&D and Tank combat?

I think the Euro game players are too fasinated by German WW-2.
Not this "Euro". My Grandfather fought the Nazis in Italy and after hearing his stories I find it hard see the Third Reich for anything other than what it was. End of Story.

As for German WW2 fascination, if I remember correctly Rambo, you announced yourself on the forum many months ago by proclaiming that "You will never lose as the Axis" ?