Basing Air Fleets in Mountains - Penaties?

Friendly Fire

I believe I read somewhere that airfleets based in mountains are 50% effective. I searched this forum and checked the strat guide but could not find this again. To the contrary I found some postings suggesting that the the units will benefit from terrain bonuses when intercepted.

Other than potential supply problems, is there any reason not to base air units in mountains?

thanks

FF

v1.06 last December fixed the interception losses bug, where entrenchment and defensive bonuses no longer affect air losses. That's why there's hasn't been any more discussion about it. So no, there's no reason not to base air units in mountains. Normal defensive bonus still applies if the air unit is attacked by ground units.

Air units attacking out of MT hexs will do 1/2 damage. If a air unit is attacked directly in the MT hex it will recive the bonus values for the hex. If I air unit intercepts out of a MT hex ???? happens.

I suggest you test this using the editor and hotseat. I have, and came up with these results (as have others), but some players still say Nay your wrong. So I suggest you find out on your own, you could even post on the intercept values and add to our general info bank.