Liberating France

In A pBEM game i'm playing, i managed to liberate France, becasue my opponent was focussing heavily on conquering Russia.

The effect of that was, that Britain now gets LESS economic points...and France gets a USELESS 36!!!

Are there any benefits to conquering France at all???? NO plunder, Vichy is still neutral, and less points make it so that conquering France was actually the worst thing i could do???

Marc

This Is the problem:

When I captured Paris, the previously liberated cities of Brest and Bordeaux reveted to French Control.

This meant that british income went down, and Frances became 36. Netto that was an increase, but 36 is a useless total..can't do anything with it, while my british total dropped to low to buy a new corps each turn :(

It means that liberating France was a bad move....And no plunder/momentum obnus either..no vichy or Free french forces arising.....just the change in points. rather a dissapointment, adn in fact, a possible end to my french campaign :(

Marc

Interesting point about the MPPs. I raised a concern about pillaging/plunder yesterday. You get a reward for conquering, but nothing for liberating it seems. Maybe it's a one-time bonus, since you can't expect plunder each time a capital changes hands. Whatever, it would be preferable to have each resource provide some fixed production to whoever controls it and limit the plunder. Also interesting about France returning to power right away. This should take some time, or be dependent on having a majority of French cities back under Allied control. Either way, it should not penalize the British.

I tried a Liberate Norway strategy and found it to be a very tough fight to take Bergen. Landed two corps and a HQ, plus bombed and bombarded the Germans there for several turns before taking it. A couple of comments. With a fleet on the coast and a HQ on shore, there should be some limited reinforcements available and supply benefit for an invasion force. And British HQ should be able to control Canadian and other Commonwealth units, and perhaps Free French forces also. Same for German HQs being able to control minor allies and Italian units, as previously requested.