Seelöwe

Arngrim

Hi!

I'm new to the forum, and I've played the game some six or seven times, increasing the difficulty every time, switching sides and I'm now up to the hardest level with +2 in experience advantage for the opponent.

My problem is this: I spoke to a friend of mine, and he claimed that Enland was _easy_ to take... Well, tht's hardly been my experience, perhaps I´m missing something.

So, could some of the experienced players please provide me with hints on how to deal with the stiff upper lip? I'm so intrigued that I've actually abandoned my game as the allies (which is a sure win anyway) to start a new one as axis...

Conditions vary sooooo much dude. What one might call easy, might not be for another.

Timing emphasis on what to buy and when whom to attack and how.

Tooooo many ponderables to count.

I have watched the isles get taken right out from under me, even with an aggressive defense.

I have also seen people make mincemeat out of the Germans in 1940 France.

You are talking about how to launch a successful sealion against the AI on the hardest level.

I just tried it out, it can be done but it isn't easy.

- Send your subs NW to hide

- Throw everything at Poland, try to minimize losses

- Take the LC and Denmark, Buy a good HQ and another air fleet

- Take France (it will be a slog with the +2 bonus the AI gets). Again try to minimize damage. I think I lost 3 ground units, and my air was beat to hell, but France fell in July

- Throw a bunch a chits into Jets. Avoid intercepting the British air strikes on your ports, it cost too much

- Take Norway, then Sweden

- Add more chits to Jets, and if you can afford it LR and IT

- Once you get some jet tech hassle Malta. If the AI is dumb enough to leave the air there keep hitting the port it and forcing it to re-enforce. You need a couple of air units and a HQ in Sicily. This will eat up his entire production.

- Once you have some decent Air operate a bunch of units to Bergen along with an HQ and try to sink some ships

- With Italy buy a Strategic Bomber (for knocking down London entrenchment)

- Start an air war with the UK. Your tech advantage should outmatch his experience advantage. Goal is to kill enough air to let your transports survive

- Pull your subs out of hiding to pull the UK fleet away

-Launch everything at him. Take London, then drive up to Manchester.

- You probaby can't take Manchester before the USA and USSR join, but once you land in force it is only a matter of time before you take it. Then you need to go on the defensive for a while and hold off the angry bear. The AI won't do anything with the USA once the UK falls.

stupid AI

Better yet, forget it and start a game against a human opponent. It is way more fun. If you want a PBEM game let me know.

FF

[ March 26, 2004, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: Friendly Fire ]

When the game was relatively new there was a popular Allied strategy of having the UK send all it's ships to the Mediteranean, sink the Italians and rip into Italy and the Balkans.

Unfortunately that left one particular spot almost undefended. How do you say, London Times in German?

No one uses that insane strategy now, a pity.

• 2 weeks later...