My first mod: new foliaged Jgdpz IV

Being a bored student I powered up an evaluation demo of paintshop pro 7 and have spent this morning and afternnon playing about. It's only my first mod so don't be too critical. Have a look, its based on Tiger's (JohnS)JgdPz IV mod.

Tiger's original mod...

View?u=1510164&a=11406534&p=40145280&Sequence=0&res=high

This mod is based on Tiger's. Mainly, I made it slightly less brownish, added damage to the track skirts and added kill rings on the barrel.

View?u=1510164&a=11406534&p=40145268&Sequence=0&res=high

And with foliage...

View?u=1510164&a=11406534&p=40145253&Sequence=0&res=high

I'm waiting for Tiger's permission to release it publicly but if he agrees I need someone to host it. If you're interested let me know. Thanks.

BTW can anybody tell me how I can get these pictures displayed. I don't know how to get photopoint.com photos displayed.

[This message has been edited by Lordfluffers (edited 02-05-2001).]

Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

ahem Lordflufers....not sure about those moth-holes eaten into the Schürzen...Schürzen tended to get bent and lost, but rarely did I see such holes eaten into them by moths - or hungry russian mine dogs??

foliage looks good though...

Thanks, I was using guess work for the damage, but I assume the skirts have been stolen from destroyed vehicles which got a serious HE pounding in the side. Maybe I'll sort them out later.

Great job but yes tone down the damage some. Make holes similar to shell diameters (i.e 57mm, 75mm), smaller pock marks for richochts, and the bottom/top corners being bent. Do that and I WILL definately use this mod. Am eagerly awaiting your Panther Mod...hopefully that'll be your next one.

Right, spent a bit more time on these. Just finished the non-foliaged one. Noticably I've taken a lot of the damage out and added mud to the leading edges etc.

Take a look...

View?u=1510164&a=11406534&p=40235582&Sequence=0&res=high

I'm afraid only having the experience of using paint shop pro for a day I don't really know how to make the skirts appear bent. Maybe when I get a bit more experienced, I'll come back to them.

[This message has been edited by Lordfluffers (edited 02-06-2001).]

Sorry, I am not much for foliage mods, though I just downloaded the hummel foliage (could have been a wespe thouh) and the stug III foliage mod which I think looks great, but I was wondering were I could get hold of that jagdpanzer mod of Tiger's? That looks great. Very subdued. The way I like some german mods to be. Also,if you guys could direct me to the place to obtain the sweet looking control area mod. That looks very nice as well.

Thanks in advance.

Also, what is the name and where can the mod for the grass&trees's be found? Those look fascinating. One thing though about grass mods, and this has been my complaint: For a mac user, I am only able to use the original grass bmp's to be able to have a grid on my terrian. I thourouly like a grid, as it helps tremendously with spotting good LOS and hull down positions, at least for me.

So, uh...to any mod makers out there, can anyone make a terrain mod like the one above that has a grid for macintosh? I'll cross my finger now smile.gif