WWII Reinactments in Illinois...

Just saw this in the Chicago Tribune (Sunday). This group has a Stuart, a US Halftrack and a real Hetzer!!! They do reinactments during the year. Here is the link in the Tribune online.

Chicago Tribune WWII article

Sorry the web edition doesn't have pictures, but the paper has some great ones of dressed troops and vehicles. They will be at Fort Knox on the 4th for anyone close enough..

Have a great holiday all.

I used to re-enact with the same group these guys (once?) belonged to.

Here is a (bad) picture of the Hetzer. I think I have another (better) one around, and will try to find it. As far as the Stuart goes, they can be found parked out front of just about every VFW hall, cemetery, or park, around Chicago, so I didn't take any pix of it AFAIR.

hetzer.jpg

While I am at it, this is a picture of a Panther that the Canadians, vicious people that they are, shot to holy hell. I took this picture back in '92 when my unit went to Petawawa to do a wing exchange with the Queen's Own Rifles. My stick was dumped out a minute early from the DZ (or D-zed, as the canucks say--he he) and subsequently, ended up landing inside an AT firing range, which had been hot less then an hour beforehand. I almost landed on top of this sucker. I did my PLF and the first thing I saw when I looked up was that unmistakable glacis plate AFAIK, this same Panther is still languishing in Petawaw.

panther.jpg

What the hell? Another one:

My friend and his grandfather are part owners of this B25H, the only flyable B25H in existence. 10 forward firing (14 total).50 Cal MG's and a 75mm howitzer

plus the bomb payload. I even got a ride in it once tongue.gif

barbie.jpg

Once I get around to it, I will post some of my other re-enactment photos on my site.

[ 07-01-2001: Message edited by: easy-v ]

[ 07-01-2001: Message edited by: easy-v ]