Gun pointing towards the sky.

Why is it that a tank on a slope, in a hull down position, points it's gun to the sky? Shouldn't the gun point to the horizon if the tank has los to the horizon? The threat might come from the horizon, but it will never come from the sky.

No matter what angle a tank is at, the gun will be pointed level with the hull of the tank. If the tank sees a target, it must always raise or depress its gun.

Actually, parking tanks on slopes to shoot at threats from the sky was used by the British soldiers in Greece, who had no real antiaircraft guns. It was mostly done out of frustration though, not because it was effective.

Also, the German vehicles armed with 20mm guns will shoot at planes. I'm not sure if this is intentional or a bug, though.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

"No matter what angle a tank is at, the gun will be pointed level with the hull of the tank. If the tank sees a target, it must always raise or depress its gun."

I know that already. That's my point.

"parking tanks on slopes to shoot at threats from the sky was used by the British soldiers"

Ya but not with the main gun and definately this is not standard. What I think might be better is if a tank with a hunt command comes to a stop in a hull down position, the gun should depress to the LOS line it has with the horizon.

The benifit to the player is better reaction to a threat. The gun is already lowered so less timed wasted for the crew.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

Also, the German vehicles armed with 20mm guns will shoot at planes. I'm not sure if this is intentional or a bug, though.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey!! Thats the point of 20mm's on vehicles!

They're there to shoot at enemy aircraft. rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lordfluffers:

Hey!! Thats the point of 20mm's on vehicles!

They're there to shoot at enemy aircraft. rolleyes.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

On a Lynx or an Spw 250/9? I donno...

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska