A few questions.

First of all, I'm playing the demo and in the valley scenario there is a trp, I was wondering does that also help the AT guns accuracy, and if it doesn't why not?

Secondly why can't I set waypoints for multiple units at once? like say a whole platoon, It gets tiresome plotting out the moves for an entire company.

As mentioned before I only have the demo so I can't look it up in the manual. On a side note to BTS, next time I order a game can I give ya a little extra cash so you can ship it federal express or something, I've been waiting for 3 weeks, or maybe include a few more missions in your next demo! Thank you in advance.

If arty spotters are targeting near a TRP, they have much less of a delay before the rounds start falling. They don't help AT guns, or anything but arty.

And now that I think about it, the one in VoT is kind of useless, because the Germans don't have arty.

It's actually a good thing there aren't more demo missions, because I wouldn't have bought the game then. It took me something like five months after the games's release to buy it. The whole time I was playing the Beta and Gold demos, trying to get enough money for the real thing.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Originally posted by Pale:

First of all, I'm playing the demo and in the valley scenario there is a trp, I was wondering does that also help the AT guns accuracy, and if it doesn't why not?

Secondly why can't I set waypoints for multiple units at once? like say a whole platoon, It gets tiresome plotting out the moves for an entire company.

As mentioned before I only have the demo so I can't look it up in the manual. On a side note to BTS, next time I order a game can I give ya a little extra cash so you can ship it federal express or something, I've been waiting for 3 weeks, or maybe include a few more missions in your next demo! Thank you in advance.

TRPs do give an added hit bonus to AT accuracy as well they can be targetted by on-board mortars, even when out of LOS, if they haven't moved from their setup positions.

The 'Group Move' feature was added near the end of the game's development due to player requests. In the full version you will still not be able use waypoints with it, perhaps it is something BTS is looking into for CM2.

Depending where you are 3 weeks isn't abnormal. If you think there's a problem then your best bet is to contact BTS.

Drag a window around a group of units to select them all at once, just like you do with file icons in Windows. You can position them in groups like that for rapid set up, and give them all a "move" command. They go in the same direction and don't pay any attention to nuances of cover, so you sometimes may want to "tweek" a given unit's movement command afterward. But the oridinary "route march" is a snap.

When you get your copy, it is all in the tutorial...

[This message has been edited by jasoncawley@ameritech.net (edited 02-04-2001).]

Just a note: Multiple waypoints for groups, which usually means a long march, are a bad idea anyway. You increase the risk of your men being opened up on and them not responding effectively while they try and decide whether they should return fire, run for cover or complete their movement order.

You will get better success using short marches. You can plot another short march for the group when they halt. Fatigue will be lower too.