mod problem w/ buildings

I've installed building mods but I get a really weird effect. Sometimes one of the walls of my small building are changed to be a flag, these walls also "reflect" explosions. Very odd. Should I just reinstall or is there some conflict I've created? Anyone have similar problems?

-marc

Xerxes, I'll venture a guess that you are using a Mac...

I had this problem myself, sometimes textures will up and vanish when you add lots of hi-res mods to CM on the Mac, this is due to limitations on the resource file system.

When this happens I go thru the data files with ResEdit and cut and paste the missing .bmp by hand, this works most of the time.

Hi-res grass & ground tiles are a notorious breaker of resource order in Macs, I recommend using no bigger than 256x256 .bmps with those.

Gyrene

Specifically, resources files on the Mac can be a maximum of 16 megs in size. Yes, that can drastically limit the size and quality of your installed mods.

There may be some ways around this, but the best option right now is to be aware of which resource file(s) the mod(s) will be added to and then guess whether they will fit. If you aren't sure, backup the appropriate resource files first. Then if you get weirdness, just put the old resource file back.

CM:BB for the Mac is rumored to be using .bmp files just like its Windows counterpart thus avoiding this problem altogether.