Mod for bases under units or bmp #'s?????

Guest HENTZAU

Guest HENTZAU

Salute all,

Is there a mod for the bases under the units or does someone know the bmp #'s for them if they have bmps? Now don't go spending alot of time looking because I could do that. I've got all DD's terrain in now and those little guys are a bit tougher to spot. DD's terrain is great by the way!

Guest Lord General MB

Soldier,

*Sound of Licence plates being stamped*

HARDCODED

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

Those bases are kind of stark and ugly. I like the bases in East/West front -- now they are attractive: circular with the nations flag emblazoned on them.

------------------

And King Xerxes looked to King Leonidas and spoke. "Our Archers will rain arrows down upon you to blot out the sun."

And King Leonidas replied: "Then we will fight in the shade."

Guest Space Thing

Originally posted by Panzer Leader:

Those bases are kind of stark and ugly.

Well, the US bases are REALLY bright and easy to see. Hmmm. The UK are hard to see. The Germans gray bases are even harder to see, IMO. I just looked at the .bmp list from the COMBATMISSIONS site, and I didn't see anything for unit bases listed.

Oh, I hope there is a way to change them. Its not for the vehicles that I want them. They're easy to see. Its the infantry teams that can be missed.

I say that they all should be earth tone colored or they all should be brightly colored like the dayglow green that the US forces presently have.

Guest Space Thing

Originally posted by Sgt Fred:

As Lord General MB has said the bases are hardcoded. You cannot mod them. You cannot change them.

OK, no problem. Then the next thing to do is to pray that unit bases are a little different in CM2.

Unit bases aren't the only things that are hard-coded.

This list includes:

Tracers

Projectiles

Grenades

Satchel Charges

Shaped Charges

Bazookas

Panzerschrecks

Piats

Airborne Berrets

Pistols

Binoculars

...and I think there may be a couple more that I'm forgetting.

------------------

"Upon my signal, unleash Hell."--General Maximus, Gladiator

"Aim small, miss small."--Mel Gibson, The Patriot

"I do what I likes, and I likes what I do."--Darrell Hammond (portraying Bill Clinton), SNL

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 03-07-2001).]