Dual Impact

Isn't it cool when you two shells hit a tank (or other AFV) simultaneously? It doesn't happen very often, but I had two pak 75's tear into a TD the other day at the exact same moment and it had to be the biggest explosion I've ever seen (in Combat Mission, at least). I dunno if that was just a coincidence or some special bit of coding.

-Hawkeye

The better I saw was a HUGE explosion in Benicourt, right in the middle of my German opponent troops : after it, a Panther was abandoned (has lost his gun already before...), a AA SdKFz was out, and another vehicle too IIRC !!

The explosion left a huge shellhole, some 10 m diameter !!

When game ended (german surrender smile.gif ), I saw that one of my planes had been shot down and realized that this explosion must have been the plane crash !!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Too bad CM don't show crashing planes !

My forces nailed a M5 with 3 fausts almost simultaneously in a street battle. The two on one side struck at the same time and the other followed within a second. No crew came out alive.

Of course my troops were out of fausts when the M10 appeared on the next turn, but they took it out with gernades.

Heh heh heh.

I had this killer moment yesterday in a QB against the AI, where I had called in an artillery barrage on a ridge and then hunted three Panther tanks towards the ridge just as the 150mm rounds were beginning to fall.

Suddenly two Shermans and a TD skittered out from behind some trees. The Panthers stopped and took aim just as a salvo fell.

The result was that the TD took a top hit from a shell and exploded, one sherman took a hit from a Panther and exploded and then, about 3 seconds later, the third Sherman took hits from two Panthers and exploded.

I replayed that movie about 10 times.

Originally posted by Pascal DI FOLCO:

I saw that one of my planes had been shot down and realized that this explosion must have been the plane crash !!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Too bad CM don't show crashing planes !

Actually it was almost certainly a large caliber bomb, dropped by that very plane before it went down.

They tend to do that, Allied planes: Drop great big huge frickin' bombs that level or kill just about everything in their blast radius.