Can no-one help?

I can't get an answer to this question. Am I overlooking something that makes this a silly question and am too blind to see it?

I am referring to a problem I have with setting-up all fortifications in operations, but I will write using mines as the example, but it equally applies to pill-boxes, wire, TRPs ets.

I have a lovely operation I've made, and I want the axis player to be able to lay his mines as he sees fit. An operation map is a large map, and only a small part is shown in the battle window during each battle, the rest of the operation map being unaccessible.

Now, I have tried seperating the mines into coloured setup zones that will be revealed in the battle window during the advancement of the operation , but after battle 1, no matter where the mines are put on the operation map in the editor during its creation is where they stay. I can't buy them as reinforcements to come on to the map at a later point either.

I'm stuck, I want to be able to play this game as the allies as well, without knowing where all the axis fortifications and minefields are in advance. It would be a real shame if I were stuck with that as the only option.

I can't seem to rationalise this state of affairs into why this could be so in real life, but I can't.

Fortifications can be set up in the first battle of an operation, but are locked for the others. The only solution, I think, is to make the map for each battle really big, and give the axis player an enormous deployment zone(s) for the first battle. If you want the fortifications to be deeper than you can manage with one battle map, you're out of luck.

------------------

so you can stay cool behind your window

and choose the view you want to see

but as long as there's others held captive

do not consider yourself free

-EMBRACE, "DO NOT CONSIDER YOURSELF FREE"

Originally posted by Chinnock:

I can't seem to rationalise this state of affairs into why this could be so in real life, but I can't.

Minefields (and pillboxes and bunkers) don't have wheels. It takes an enormous amount of time to lift mines and re-lay them somewhere else. Is that rationalization enough?

Oh, and all your base are belong to us biggrin.gif