AKotM (Con't)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to be on haitus for a week, so I thought I would provide a quick update, both games are a little past halfway:

TBlaster has dumped an unholy amount of arty on our little town, at last count 25+ buildings were leveled. I think there was a mix-up in my purchases also, it seems I got the "Slightly Below Average" Pershings instead of the "Super" Pershings that I requested. Situation: grim.

SuperSlug has also applied his arty liberally, and my poor use of armor has put me in a bit of a bind. He controls the VL but is exposed. However, I'm not sure I can mount a credible attack. Prognosis: poor.

I'm hoping for the best, but it looks like the TBlaster/SuperSlug matchup could be very significant in determining the champion.

Back in a week...

• 2 weeks later...

Well looks like it's over...Texastoast surrendered on turn 17, and my game with superslug ended a few weeks back.

Send me that trophy smile.gif

There are a few things I would like to say.

Some of my opponents have stated that my choice in purchases were "different". I went into this tourney with only one thing on my mind, and that was to win. If that means that my force composition/tactics are not "historical" then so be it. I bought the type of units that I thought would win me the game and not to neccessarily have "a nice battle". Heavy artillery won most of my games, hence I will make this recommendation: The next tournament should be played with Fionn's '75 or '76 rule (including artillery). This would almost guarantee for better gameplay.

Anyways, till next time...

TBlaster

AKOTM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

TBlaster...The Ass Kicker of the Month.

Indeed I will send you the trophy. Just email my work address with your mailing address and I will send it this weekend. I want to thank everyone that participated in this tourney...It was created "off the hip" and it didn't turn out too badly. I was impressed by the diligence and attention to detail everyone showed during the purchasing and combat phases of each battle. I apologize that at the end here, my available time has lagged off to almost nil, so I really couldn't put as much time into it as I first did.

As TBlaster has mentioned...the main thing I got out of this tourney is that Artillery is truly KING of the field, and perhaps some amended rules for the next tourney will be needed to make for a better overall experience.

I want it to be known, that TBlaster fought his ass off and is truly an Ass Kicker and hopefully, when my work-load slackens a bit....yeah right....I can get back to playing Combat Mission and I can have a go at the AKotM.

I will announce the beginning of the next tourney this weekend.

------------------

One shot...One Kill