Hosting small sites for CM

I run a small webserver, which is running through ADSL from my apartment. I'd like to offer some free webspace to people who need somewhere to host small websites for CM, whether that includes mods and scenarios or not. I wasn't able to help Manx with his search for a new home for his site, simply because the bandwidth he needed was way beyond what I could provide. I pay for my site, and it doesnt make me money, nor is that my intention!

Currently, there is about 4Gb of free space left. I can provide html, PHP, MySQL access and cgi scripting. I use a script to allow users to manage their files, but it only lets you upload one file at a time so I'm looking to replace it.

If need be, I can also provide a free email address for users. I don't provide ftp access or telnet or SSH login for security reasons. I may provide ftp access soon, although I need to make a slight configuration change to the site first.

If anyone is interested, then please feel free to mail me at mike@stodge.net. The site is www.stodge.net.

Cheers

Mike

How small is small? I've almost filled up my 50 meg Angelfire account with The Last Defense, and I'm going to have to do something real soon.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

Well, I ended up just getting a second Angelfire account, so I should be all set for awhile. Hires terrain mods really fill up server space fast.

Thanks for the offer though.

------------------

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

It's already about 3/5 of the way full, but that's mostly Gunnergoz's hires terrains, and I don't expect too many more of them. I'll definetly email you if I need a server.

------------------

hey 109, your mods link doesn't seem to be working. fix it frown.gif!

------------------

russellmz,

Self-Proclaimed Keeper for Life of the Sacred Unofficial FAQ.

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show