Help find Quality Maps

Right, Let's get this thread back on track. The responses and ensuing debate are cool but I originally posted this to get maps recommended to me and I still want a few more...

I have deleted nearly all original maps in scenarios folder as they were crappy. I think the makers of the game should take this aspect more seriously because there were some really cruddy efforts that came with the CD.

Personally I wouldn't know how to convert satalite images to maps but there are some people who can.

I have 2 maps/scenarios posted at the proving grounds, neither are very accurate but they are playable in that they are interesting. The "Normandy strongpoints" one though is huge and loads real slow, so only patient players need apply. The other is "Arnhem bridge perimeter".

Uzi --

Originally posted by Stoffel:

Hi Uzi,

the original CMBO map for Marnach was made by Mc Auliffe from Belgium.

I have made a new revised one of the area for CMAK covering the entire area from Clervaux to marnach.

Download my Clervaux battle from the depot andd you see what I mean.

I have visited the area myself and I can say that this huge map turned out to be a exact replica of the real terrain.

Henk

Sorry to get off track there. I figured I'd mention the imagery -- if useful -- as a resource to help folks make maps with the realism level Stoffel was talking about. Idea being to help mapmakers get to something that would be "an exact replica of the real terrain."

1stUkrainianFront