Meet and Greet in the Ardennes (SNAFU)...

...why are german reinforcements arriving intermingled with those appearing for the americans on an undesignated portion of the map?

my own scenario: north, south and west map edges set to "allied," east set to "axis." each side has 3 deployment zones on the extreme edges of the map, the western edge for the allies and the eastern edge for the germans.

why then, are german reinforcements, which i believed were restricted to appearing within the "axis" deployment zones, arriving mixed in with the american troops on the WEST side of the map literally within an ALLIED deployment zone?

what am i doing incorrectly? thanks.

When designing the scenario, you get little flags with a number on them. Although it is not shown on that marker, each is also for a definite side, German or Allied. You probably have your "#2"s reversed or some such.

The best way to deal with this, I've found, is to put in the forces for one side, including the reinforcements in their seperate slots on the "units" screen, then -go to the map-, use "preview", and place the reinforcement markers for that side in the proper place. Then and only then, put in the forces for the other side. You will get new reinforcement markers for that side, and won't get them confused with the ones you have already moved to their correct, exact spot.

Often one is positioning multiple forces on a side, too. Seperate set up zones for instance, or various parts of a real force cooperating with each other. You can use the same idea, placing the units of one sub-force in a proper place on the map before the rest of the units are added on the units screen. Makes it a lot easier to sort out all the units. Then go to the next formation on that side, repeat. Afterwards you can tweak the deployments. But you won't have units jumbled up. Effectively, the units window will sort them for you.

I hope this helps.