Mapping question

I want to try my hand at making a map. I think I have the basics down so now I'm looking for a particular battle. I am thinking of doing something along the lines of the Canadians and the battle of the Scheldt Estuary. Right now I know basically nothing about this battle so I'm about to head out to the library and find a book on it. I was wondering though if anybody knew of anything that would preclude the possibility of making a scenario like this? Maybe it has already been done or maybe there are some particular landmarks that CM just can't do or it's the wrong scale for a scenario, etc. Suggestions like that would be very helpful

Thanks!

I don't have anything decent from the Scheldt, but I do have a pretty workable map for Moylan Wood and the Goch-Calcar Road, February 1945, from the book "The Long Left Flank." Most of the Scheldt maps in the book aren't suitable, and everybody and his dog has done the Walcherin Causeway... wink.gif

Another mapping question.

I cant find either bocage or a roadblock in the scenario builder...am I just blind?

Also why isnt there a mapping forum? U think that would be a hot topic...actually maybe there is-I just havent taken the time to look

lol

There! I had to walk all the way to the Wilfred Laurier University but I found a fabulous book all about the battle of the Scheldt written by Terry Copp. You may have read someof his works. He recently wrote a book all about Canada and World War 2. CBC turned it into an 8 episode series or something like that I think.

There are two Scheldt scenarios at my website (see link below). There is plenty of room for more - and the terrain in CM does seem to lend itself well to this period, so you should be able to come up with some great stuff. Feel free to email me and I can provide you specific answers to your questions.

Also, check out Denis Whitaker's book Tug of War.

------------------

CANUCK: Clothing, Equipping and Employing the Canadian Soldier in Combat Mission