**OT** Giveaway time again...

OK, boys and girls... I have something else to give away.

It is a Paasche 1/10th HP 115 V air compressor. I bought it in 1987 to go with my Paasche H airbrush, and both have served me very well for all these years. Last weekend, I caved and bought a new compressor and airbrush. It is an Iwata SprintJet compressor, with built in pressure regulator, and a moisture trap. It is so quiet... The new airbrush is another Paasche H (it was on sale for a steal...)

The Compressor I am giving away is no great shakes. It has no tank, no pressure regulation (other than a very simple air bleed valve), no moisture trap (but Paasche makes one to add on for about $16). It is kinda noisy. One of the rubber feet came off years ago, so it may creep a bit while on. BUT it works just fine.

I want this to go to someone who will use it, and who does not have one already. An airbrush, after one learns how to use it (pretty easy, really) makes a fair plastic modeller a great plastic modeller. I am happy to give it away to someone who will enjoy it as much as I have. Honor system here folks - only if you do not have one, and will certainly use it. Ask Jeff Heidmann, 109Gustav, Larry Marks, AJVanetta, Andrej Gaspari and a few others here on the forum - I am legit here. I do give away stuff. And all you guys who got something last time? You are all exempt from this one smile.gif

Here is how it may work: I will accept the first 8 respondents to this thread. They will battle it out via PBEM games. I thought one game elimination. After three rounds, we will have a winner. BUT I must stress that I would rather give it to a budding plastic modeller who sucks at CMBO (well, maybe not sucks...) than give it to a person who just likes to win. If only one person responds, then I guess that person will get it. If a ton respond, and all are willing, maybe I will expand the field. I will need a few things from the crowd: 1 someone to dole out scenarios (perhaps each paired off battle can agree on a QB...?) because I am no scenario designer. 2 Ideas. If you all think of a better way to do this, tell me. I gave away a boatload of Micro Armor last January, and we did a round robin draft. I had a lot of fun, and I think the others did too (at least they got a lot of cool, mostly painted Micro Armor wink.gif)

Lastly, I know a number of you will be thinking "Why doesn't he get rid of this thing at a modeller's forum?" Well, you might have a good point, but I just like you guys better, that's all.

Looking forward to hearing from you all soon!

------------------

Capt. Byron Crank, US Army

I suppose it would be wrong for me to enter the drawing for this too? smile.gif Not that I need an air compressor.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

Awww.

That was great. I found that they don't do too well when you put them on the windowsill though. Between my roomate's drunk friend and cheap venetian blinds, most of them have lost paint when the guns got twisted. They still look great, though.

Character reference: If Crank_GS says he's giving away an air compressor, he will.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

The Last Defense- Mods, Scenarios, and more!

2nd Character reference: double what Gus said.

I bought some new paint and a display case for the Microarmor. The pieces will look great in my new office at work. My cat starting swatting Tigers and Shermans a few weeks ago, but they survived. I left them in a bad place.....anywhere he can see them.

Larry