CM Squad Leader maps?

I remember seeing somewhere that someone had recreated maps for CM from the old Squad Leader scenarios. Being an old Squad Leader player I wanted to revisit some of those scenarios. I recently tried finding these maps but didn't have much luck. A web search came up with nothing and the link from the CM HQ links page is now dead. Anyone know if maps/scenarios for the original Squad Leader scenarios are available?

Alan

My understanding is that the site was taken down as a result of legal action by Hasbro, the new owners of Avalon Hill and the Squad Leader franchise. I know there are some people on the board who may have certain scenarios and/or maps that could mail them to you, but unfortunately I'm not one of them... :(

Quite a lot of ASL conversions available on the Depot (link in my sig). Review them when you have played them.

To be honest, there are a lot of better scenarios about. Straight translations of ASL into CMBO do not work. The scenarios are unbalanced, and the maps look crappy. Go for the ones where the designers try to capture the 'spirit' of the ASL battle, not those where they slavishly stick to it.

Unless the trip down memory lane means a lot to you, of course.

AFAIK, there has benn NO legal action vs Col Klotz, the webmaster of ASL2CM. There has just been a warning message ... Anyway he closed it abruptly.

But many people, including me smile.gif , DO have a copy of each and every file of the former site : some 100 scenarios and 30-40 maps.

Just drop an email if you want some stuff ;) !

I'm also a former SL player, but Andreas is right, the "port" scenarios are not very good generally...