Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Dance! Dance for your freedom!

You know the type of Western movie where the bad guys shoot at the feet of some poor unarmed sap, while laughing and shouting "Dance! Dance!"? Picture the scene in CM (I just got it on Friday, heh heh heh): it's the last turn of a scenario, and all is quiet on the battlefield because the Germans are dead or suppressed, and the Americans are low on ammo. The only things moving are my three tank destroyers, which long ago used up all their HE and .50 cal. I've been hunting them over to a last undecided victory flag in a little copse of trees. 5 seconds into the turn, and from about 10m away, they spot the sole survivor of a German squad, who's been cowering in the trees for cover. The tank destroyers only have AP left, but they happily form up into a semicircle and start firing away at the poor bastard, presumably hoping for a lucky direct hit that will give him a large new hole where he doesn't want one. Sadly they can't get a lock on him while he's moving. So he runs around frantically on the spot for a few seconds, then figures out that the trees are still the best cover, hunkers down - and the TDs get a lock and shoot some 76mm chunks of solid metal at him, prompting him to get up and start running around on the spot again for a few seconds. Lather, rinse, repeat for the remaining 55 seconds of the game.

Result: he survived, the TDs captured the flag and gave me a total victory, and I assigned their inaccurate gunners the task of washing out their new prisoner's underwear...