Weird stuff in 1.1

Typical sound contact properties. Weird stuff happens all the time with generic gray sound contacts. Remember sounds can echo and they may sound like they're coming from the opposite side where they are actually at.

------------------

"Live by the sword, live a good LOOONG life!"-Minsc, BGII

"Boo points, I punch."--Minsc, BGII

Sound contact means "I hear a tank somewhere around the water." Notice that when you click on the sound contact, it doesn't say that it's located in water, open ground, road etc.

When PBEMing in games with heavy fog or poor visibility, you will want to hide your tanks a lot, so your opponent doesn't get any sound contacts.

Usually the tank is actually within 50m or so of the sound contact.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Recently finished Red Devils at Arnhem. During a night turn there was a sound contact marker that appeared to move right across the water from the german side toward the british. Really scarey for the half minute or so, " what the #### is this ? " an amphibious tank or other vehicle? a boat of some kind?

It turned out to be a halftrack on the bridge about 50 to 100 m away. What could have been more interesting, would be if the turn ended before the sound contact was identified. I certainly would have moved forces to react to it. Maybe putting them at at risk to the real threat. I thought it was such a great feature I called my cousin to tell him about it. I love this game!!