Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Commo in the game; A possible answer!

Ever since the TCP/IP patches came out Dave T and I have been working on getting commo working so we could actually talk (and taunt each other) while we were playing. We have basically identical systems with the same versions of drivers, etc but we've been unable to get it working at both ends. Mine worked, I could hear him in or out of the game but as soon as he entered the game the commo cut off. He could only hear game sound while I could hear both. I had to type my replies to him. Last night we discovered he still had DirectX 7.0 where I had 8.0 so he DLed the newer version. Now we have continuous commo! That seems to be the answer! Looking back I realize that until I upgraded (got a new HD a month ago and had to get all new drivers and such) mine cut off as I entered the game also. Thought I'd pass that along for others. Goofy

------------------

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!

[This message has been edited by Goofy (edited 01-20-2001).]

Have used Rogerwilco, Battlecom and Team Sound. Seems it's not the commo program. It worked for me with all of these but not for Dave until he went to DirectX 8.0. We tried many different configurations but to no avail. DirectX 8.0 and Taadaaa! It works! Goofy

------------------

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!