Quick Battle Problems!

Anybody else out there frustrated by the Quick Battle Modual? If you want a standard battle group say a platoon of tanks and a mech infantry company, plus some support stuff, you got to pick the 5000 point selection! Da.Aa.Ah! Also you can't delete individual unit's from the selected company, say you want to short yourself on some half tracks to make the vehicle max. If you don't use all the 5000 points the other side will!

What gives? The battle generator also makes a goofy map, wide and shallow, which put's you right on top of your opponent!

Is there anyway to get a free selection of units from the Quick Battle system, but still remain under the selected point maximum?

CliffC

Hi CliffC

You are right about deleting individual units from the selection, it can't be done unless of course they are support. You should use the scenario generator in this case. This also gets around your map problem. Design your own.

Have you tried different battle types? ie, ME's, Probes etc. You will find these assign you different points depending on your battle. I like the Attack/Assault types as I generally play the attacker (better against AI) and it gives me an advantage in points allowing me to make up a more realistic force composition.

When I start a QB I make sure I don't place any unit right up to the marker, unless it is a sniper or something along those lines.

Guest Mr. Johnson-<THC>-

That is what BTS gave us the Scenario generator for. You can even have it make maps for you. If its too wacky make some changes. Of course the random unknow factor is lost but you have more control over what you want.

I think if you want deeper maps you have to give the QB more time length. Instead of a scenario of 20 minutes, give 30 or 40 minutes and see what you get.

------------------

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CliffC:

Ummmm...What scenario generator? Is this a separate software or part of CMBO?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The big button on the upper right of the first screen that says "create scenario". It's pretty easy to use, and will let you make maps with various aspect ratios, as well as with water (which the map generator doesn't do well).

To use it to make a QB it helps to either have a third party populate the map for you or have an opponent you trust.

If you have an opponent you trust, you make a map, send it for perusal, and then whoever is playing allies populate it first (since the unit selection screen starts defaults to german).

If you're using a third party, the third party sends a copy of the map to both players, then one player populates it directly and sends it back to the third party (to save work for the helper), while the other sends a list of purchases to the third party who adds the to the list, does a tournament save, and sends it out.

it's a little more effort than a straight QB if you have the third party, but otherwise is pretty good. If you find yourself playing with someone who cheats, don't play them again, but I suspect most people are trustworthy enough to not peek.

------------------

Slayer of the Original Cesspool Thread.