Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Message for Ksak

Sorry about this, but my college, in an effort to demonstrate it's total power over students, has deleted everyone's email, sent mail, and address books. I lost your address, and if you sent turn 14 of our game to me, I lost that as well.

Could you send turn 14 to me at beigelemon@yahoo.com? I've been trying to move away from my college email, but I was still using it for that one PBEM.

In case you're wondering, Fort Lewis college does things like this fairly often. Last time, they had to demonstrate that if they didn't want us to use silverware, non-paper plates, or meal trays to eat, then by golly, we weren't going to use silverware, non paper plates, or meal trays for lunch. I envy all of you guys out there, where rooms have thermostats and carpet.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Hey, if you had to eat the food I do, you'd be looking for a little sympathy too. Ever had gummy baked ham 3 dinners in a row? Thanks though.

------------------

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

At my college the pigs are kept next door, so we don't have to herd them. They do eat the same food as us though, and we have to shovel out their dorm occasionally.

I'd send you the next file, but I'm downloading ONI, and can't open CM until its done.

------------------

I lived at home through 7 years of University so I ate pretty well - but when I went to Halifax for three weeks one year with the Army as part of the Nova Scotia Tattoo, we were billeted at Saint Mary's University. I swear to you that in their cafeteria was the worst dogfood ever served to me. Seriously, I spent a month with the British Army the next summer and the food wasn't half as bad! 109 Gustav, I can empathize with you.

Thanks Mike. The company that makes our food also supplys food for prisons. You should have heard the complaints about that. They insisted that it wasn't the same food though. Turned out the prisoners get fresher bagels and don't have Four Ways Friday. (stir fry overcooked in four different ways, rice undercooked in four different ways.)

------------------

Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

Thanks Mike. The company that makes our food also supplys food for prisons. You should have heard the complaints about that. They insisted that it wasn't the same food though. Turned out the prisoners get fresher bagels and don't have Four Ways Friday. (stir fry overcooked in four different ways, rice undercooked in four different ways.)

LOL!

Still, it could be worse - when I was on the set of Legends of the Fall, I think we ate Kentucky Fried Chicken 5 days out of 7. They had a guy on the set whose only job was to carry a carton of Marlboros for Mister Pitt, but somewow providing fresh food for the extras was out of their logistical grasp...

Think of all the money you'll have when you graduate.

(And go to work for UPS or a security guard company like the rest of us college/university grads...)

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

LOL!

Still, it could be worse - when I was on the set of Legends of the Fall, I think we ate Kentucky Fried Chicken 5 days out of 7.

Yeah, I guess that is pretty bad. No Pizza hut in your town? When I was fishing, breakfast was corned beef hash or spam (actually pretty good), and lunch was Chef Boyardee macaroni eaten cold out of the can, washed down with two or three sodas and those little orange peanut butter crackers. We had good food for dinner to make up for it, though.

(And go to work for UPS or a security guard company like the rest of us college/university grads...) Actually, I was hoping to repair computers all day. As for money, CM was my year's recreation budget.

------------------

Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

LOL!

Still, it could be worse - when I was on the set of Legends of the Fall, I think we ate Kentucky Fried Chicken 5 days out of 7.

Yeah, I guess that is pretty bad. No Pizza hut in your town? When I was fishing, breakfast was corned beef hash or spam (actually pretty good), and lunch was Chef Boyardee macaroni eaten cold out of the can, washed down with two or three sodas and those little orange peanut butter crackers. We had good food for dinner to make up for it, though.

(And go to work for UPS or a security guard company like the rest of us college/university grads...) Actually, I was hoping to repair computers all day. As for money, CM was my year's recreation budget.

Funny you mention Pizza Hut - I was at the cavalry barracks at Hounslow (sp?) on my way back to Canada from the UK for three nights - I think I ate at Pizza Hut in London for two of them (and KFC for the third - did you know they charge you per packet for ketchup over there? And KFC was the only place you could get Heinz?) Trouble with the movie set was we were bussed 45 minutes out of town - no corner stores, no Pizza Hut, no nuttin. And 16 hour work days. Fun though.

But I guess compared to eating bully beef and hardtack during 24 hour work days, cold macaroni would have been a luxury, so we shouldn't complain, eh?