Ignore Functions and Forum Administration 101

Guest Babra

Guest Babra

Forums are funny places. This and its associated boards are one of the better ones anywhere. However, it cannot be all things to all people. There are some people whose posts I will always read, regardless of subject. There are others (a minority) who I think personally are probably knobs, but have enough interesting things to say that I won't skip over their postings lightly. The vast majority of members I have no opinion on; I will read their submissions if the topic is interesting.

And then there is that special class, that very small minority, who I have decided will never have a useful thing to say. I don't even like seeing their names on my screen and I will never participate in a thread they begin.

I don't know how bulletin boards function, but is there a way to have an "ignore" function so that the submissions of these members will not appear on my monitor?

If you look in someone's profile in one of their posts, you should see an "add to your ignore list" link down aroung the bottom right. It looks like you need javascript enabled for it to work. I've never used it, so I can't testify to it's effectiveness.

Guest Babra

I was under the impression that ignore button was to block private messages or some such thing, and wasn't active. Can't hurt to click it though.

If it's to filter out some of the more offending posters, you'll still have to deal with said offenders postings when they are quoted by others.

Can't see how you'll easily avoid that.

AFAIK it's a feature that goes with Private IMsging which is NOT included and supported in here by BTS...