Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Getting the target line jitters with 1.1 occasionally

Certainly not a big problem but is anyone else occasionally getting the "target shuffle" when one of your units tries to select a target from two or more equal-distance?

The red target line will switch rapidly back and forth between targets for several seconds.

I need to start drinking de-caf wink.gif

-Tiger

Guest Madmatt

Rob/1 (Sherman), Either start posting messages that have some sort of value to add to the forum or you will be treated like anyone else that spams the server.

I am not sure why you felt the need to register a second account name but your past account (Rob/1) precedes you and I have warned you before about your unneccesary and sometimes rude posts.

Shape up, while you still have a choice in the matter.

Madmatt

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 01-26-2001).]

Originally posted by Tiger:

The red target line will switch rapidly back and forth between targets for several seconds.

I haven't played much with 1.1 yet, but try zooming in one or two levels-- the movement lines have always done that with the buildings if you're at a funny angle or really far away. If you have two nearby targets try switching to view 5 or 3 to select from them once you get up close.

------------------

"If you can taste the difference between caviar on a cracker and ketchup on a Kit-Kat while blindfolded, you have not had enough aquavit to be ready for lutefisk." (stolen from some web page about lutefisk)

Do you mean you're not sure if it's a graphics problem or a target selection problem? Were the targets it "strobed" between equal priority targets? I've seen cases where I was targeting a moving tank and it evidently became hidden because I saw my unit shift to a lower priority target (infantry) and then retarget the tank as I assume it came back into view. Of course this seemed fairly obvious and there was no "strobe" between the two. Seemed a solid lock but went out of site (?) before a shot was taken (turret speed?). Locked on to the infantry and began to rotate turret when the tank reemerged and became the target once more.

------------------

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!