A simple thing that has to go into CM2 IMO

Yes, I know that making "demands" like this is not popular, but I think this one is warranted.

You cannot save, quit or any of those things in CM using the mouse while a game is active. This should be possible.

My keyboard has no cable connection to the PC, it uses a battery driven transmitter instead. Sometimes it acts up, and refuses to transmit. It's not the batteries, they are OK. Anyway, the problem is that if this happens when I run CM, then I cannot exit or minimize the program. I know by experience that if I can open the keyboard configuration program then the problem usually goes away. But that is impossible when running CM because I cannot access the desktop.

It happened this evening. I finally solved the problem (this time) by shaking the keyboard redface.gif

No offence to you pal, but this would probobly make the interface larger then it needs to be. To make clutter it for the 10 people who have things like battery-powered keyboards who refuse to work properly is a bit silly IMHO.

A regular keyboard is going to cost you about 5 bucks.

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

I'm for letting us save a movement turn while we're in the middle of moving units. For anyone who's played a 4000-5000 pt. game, you know what I mean. It can't be done in one sitting which means leaving on the computer and coming back to finish, hoping to God CM didn't freeze or your electricity didn't go out.

Okay, so only those of us in California can identify with the last one.

------------------

Youth is wasted on the young.

Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

I'm for letting us save a movement turn while we're in the middle of moving units. For anyone who's played a 4000-5000 pt. game, you know what I mean. It can't be done in one sitting which means leaving on the computer and coming back to finish, hoping to God CM didn't freeze or your electricity didn't go out.

Okay, so only those of us in California can identify with the last one.

doesn't pressing alt s do this?

OK, I knew I was going to get a bit of heat for this one smile.gif

It is rather odd IMO that CMBO does not have any way to access the main menu options using the mouse from within a game. I never noticed this before I ran into my keyboard problem, but it is a strange lack in the program. There can be any number of reasons why a keyboard falls out, and if it does while you're in a CM game your only option is to turn off the power for the PC.

It should not be hard to implement and it need not take up a lot of screenspace - a single small button that gives you access to a main menu is enough.

I still think it is a valid request.

Yeah, OK, I see what you mean. In that respect, you're right. But I guess why it was never implicated is because of the game's built-in stability when ALT-TAB-ing or ESC-ing, the thought probably never crossed BTS's mind to have a mouse activated "exit" command.

At first this sounded like a rehash of :USERNAME:'s (or Lewis, as we all know him) request a while back about something concerning his "laid-back" form of playing with his feet up on the desk and him complaining that his keyboard or mouse wasn't working or soemthing.

Hi all,

Something I'd like is a

preferences/configuration screen.

I'd like to be able to change resolutions (on the fly) and also alter sound levels and graphic details on one screen. Keep the hot keys, but also add in a graphical configuration screen too.

Cheers,

Alex.