Blue on blue?

I've seen my people shoot at each other, especially during night battles .. Is this intentional or a bug?

I'd think it would be realistic except that the troops are supposed to be telepathically linked..

Yeah, I even get a target line from my squad a to squad b during the orders phase afterwards!

Originally posted by Barleyman:

I've seen my people shoot at each other, especially during night battles .. Is this intentional or a bug?

ROFL... was it thick fog too? biggrin.gif

I don't mean to make fun. A lot of people are surprised by this, since no other game maker had the guts to include this bit of realism before. If anything, blue on blue instances in CM are grossly UNDER-represented, but I suspect customer satisfaction was a priority here, fearing people not used to the idea would get frustrated if it happened too often.

German SMG squad attacking in heavy fog, at night, advances into heavy woods. Guess which threat was responsible for it's demise:

1) Dug in allied rifle squad

2) Dug in allied MG team

3) Sister squads on either side

I found out the answer the hard way frown.gif

------------------

"What do you know about surfing, major, you're from God damn New Jersey"

All right. So they did this on purpose wink.gif

It's only a little disconcerting with the eye-in-the-sky comms..

I expect it might be possible to have uncertainty as to the exact position of your troops except when they make a report. This would detract from the flashy 3D graphics of the little quys shooting at each other, thought!

On the same train of thought, you wouldn't be able to command invidual squads, who wouldn't receive any orders unless in contact with their HQ..

Even cooler would be to ID a squad in the forest as americanski, only to find out later they were the guys from Company C with a leutnant who sucks at navigation smile.gif