Medium n00b questions

After contimplating, and getting gradually better after getting kicked by a Swede,Brit and an American,,,well, the battle with the swede is a bit up in the air, and so far the Brit is a draw...I digress...

Company Commander, is he truly in the rear with the gear, giving moral support to the chaplain, or is there some other use than having him guide T units? I guess the other question is there a chain of command above the Platoon leader that the Companty/Battalion commander fills?

Does a platoon leader not part of a given squads structure, able to give some support to the unit? (I think it would be a realistic mod to CBM2, based on nationality).

Is there any benefit to a sharpshooter in terms of morale degradation when he pops a squad. (Obviously there is if he picks off a leader). That being said, if just put by himself, will he pick off leaders?

So a German Tank can't enter bocage, but if he is snuggled up against it, is there a benefit of concealment?

So I don't have to bug you all, is there a FAQ outside of the manual, which is well read next to my throne?

Think that's it for now.

Thanks,

[CoFR]Archangel

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by [CoFR]Archangel:

So I don't have to bug you all, is there a FAQ outside of the manual, which is well read next to my throne?

Think that's it for now.

Thanks,

[CoFR]Archangel<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check out the FAQ thread that bounces up and down the first page (maybe the second too).

It may answer some of your questions. As far as the Company HQ, it is similar to the platoon HQs in that it provides Command and Control benefits. It can also assist your mortars in providing fire support from behind cover (think FO). Finally, they also serve well as rallying points for panicked units fleeing to the rear.

Preferably, keep your company and batallion HQ just behind the combat area, but Btln.HQ just further back. When the fighting gets real bad send the company HQ into the fight to rally broken squads or platoons that have lost their platoon HQ. If you have to resort to your Btln.HQ to rally then you're practically in bad shape if that many platoon HQ are taken out and your company HQ are dead or committed elsewhere.