Halftracks etc. targeted by mortars

Guest ciks

Usually when halftrack is targeted by mortar, forth and fifth round hits the target and BOOM!

Question is, could TacAI move them (in to cover) when targeted by mortar fire? I mean, Shermans, seeing Tiger, usually retreat (well, TacAI moves them) and pop smoke to save themselves. Halftracks want to live too, so why they are standing still waiting for deadly shell?

(just lost one 250/9 to unseen US 60mm...)

Damn cool picture

------------------

There was a long silence of rememberance for the dead, to which I added these names:

Ernst Neubach, Lensen, Wiener, Wesreidau, Prinz, Solma, Hoth, Olensheim, Sperlovski, Smellens, Dunde, Kellerman, Freivitch, Ballers, Frosch, Woortenbeck, Siemenlies...

I refuse to add Paula to that list, and I shall never forget the names of Hals, or Lindberg, or Pferham, or Wollers. Their memory lves within me.

There is another man, whom I must forget. He was called Guy Sajer.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>That was fixed a couple of versions ago. Halftracks will move away from a mortar attack automatically. I think you just got unlucky and didn't get away fast enough.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 250/9 was shelled by mortar for one whole turn (some 7-8 shells), but apparently liked that particular spot of grass because it never moved. The case maybe that mortar wasn't spotted yet (i knew it was mortar because of that unique explosion pattern mortars have). Maybe crew was thinking that God is dropping grenades at them?

(btw, i have v.b24)

It seems that allied vehicles know how to lay smoke and reverse from threats, all in the same turn the threat showed up. Not so for Axis vehicles. I had a 20mm german armored car crest a hill and encounter a 76mm sherman, Instead of laying smoke, reversing, or either one, he sits there the whole turn and takes on the Sherman head-on. Needless to say the 20mm rounds kept bouncing off and the sherman plugged the armored car quite easily. mad.gif

Allied vehicles seems to have a greater survival desire than their Axis counterparts.

john