Geforce2 owners

I have an ASUS V7700 Geforce2 and I downloaded the Detonater3 ver6.50 drivers and installed them. Now, with Anti-aliasing forced on, I get text problems and the game runs like a dog (an old dog thats been hit and dragged by a car). I was running the Asus drivers before and had no problems, but the 6.50 drivers seem to work a little better with B-17 II. My question is, Dear Abbey, what's up with this?

------------------

If it bleeds, we can kill it.

[This message has been edited by mscano (edited 02-08-2001).]

I have the same card from ASUS and after checking the detonator driver I switched back to the Asus driver.

Even with 3D-Mark 2000 it only was about 1% faster with Detonator drivers.

I only use the lowest FSAA setting (a compromise between speed and quality); if your setting is too high the text gets blurry.

Fred

------------------

"I got signals, I got readings, in front and behind of us!" - PFC Hudson on LV-426 mission

I really haven't tried using the AA feature--does it help a lot?

I found that setting the Antialiasing on the lower end was just enough to smooth the edges out a little in CM. At higher settings, I really didn't see a difference. I think I'm going back to the Asus drivers. They seem more stable.

------------------

If it bleeds, we can kill it.

I tried the 7.17 drivers but struck trouble with some of my flight sims. Went back to the Asus drivers (I like the desktop thing anyway) and never looked back. I guess we always have this desire for the latest (when free !!) but to be honest I didnt need faster fps even on CFS2 etc.