Disappearing scenery???

I don't know if this is a "Bug" or what?

it seems when I load a saved game to continue later the scenery tend to change or disappesr altogeather. I also notice that troops that were on the move to a destination

Have thier final destinations and facings altered.As an example: In "Wilitz"(I hope i'm not being specific & this is the right place to post this smile.gif )I had a couple of zooks planted behind singular pine trees along the road in ambush.Subsequent loadings have either removed the tree leaving the zook looking like he using an open latrine smile.gif with

his arse for all to see!!! or the tree turns to a scragily desiduious(w/o leaves)tree or bush.Upon seeing this I checked my other positions and found other subtle changes and movement plots changed and in wrong positions.Now I've used this strategy before to great effect and am wondering if the puter AI knows this and is trying to shorten the odds???? Is all this stuff to much for the puter to correctly remember or is the puter AI trying to cheat as I've seen in other games over the years??

------------------

"Git thar firstest with

the mostest"

:Nathan Bedford Forrest

marsunit,

The trees are only figments of imagination, they don't really exist. That is, the amount of coverage comes from the terrain tile you're on and where you are on it. Each time you start the game the PC regenerates and distributes the images of trees, but if your men haven't moved they have the same coverage as before even if the tree they were behind has disappeared or changed. The trees make it look better, but you could turn them off with the hot keys and still be in the woods or tall pines or whatever.

Hope that makes sense,

Carl

The game does not model individual trees. What it models is the type of terrain your units are in. So, if they are in Tall Pines, they receive a benefit for that. The visual representation of actual trees is to show you the terrain type. You can turn trees off by hitting shift-t a few times, and the benefits for the terrain type will still exist despite there being noi trees visible on the map.

Guest Mikey D

Tree and house types are selected at random from several types. Next turn the 'heavy building' will still be heavy but it could be one of 3 or 4 standard types.

But I HAVE seen disappearing scenery during Campaigns. I've seen houses near the map edge dissapear when progressing from one battle to the next- annoying when you had piled all your senior staff in there the end of the previous game!

I've never had buildings do a dissappearing act, but the trees do alter their appearance. On one load, they will be in one location, on the next load they will be in another location. Doesn't really matter as they are not germain to the LOS anyway, but it is a bit of a curiosity.

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)