Operation gaming bugs?

Why is it, that nearly all operations end before I have reached the designated number of battles? Is that a bug? Or am I just achieving the mission task too fast?

Another point is that I dont get any of those

missons task flags on the map as in single battles.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sajon:

Why is it, that nearly all operations end before I have reached the designated number of battles? Is that a bug? Or am I just achieving the mission task too fast?

Another point is that I dont get any of those

missons task flags on the map as in single battles.<hr></blockquote>

You must be doing a good job in your operations. The typical objective in operations is not to capture flags but to progress on the map towards the opposite side of where you started in the first battle. Other operations may be set to "Destroy" - this is where the objective is to kill as many enemy while limiting your losses. Before playing an operation, it is a good idea to know what the objectives are. The briefing should give a good clue as to what the objective is, i.e. "capture a town" or "seek and destroy".

There arn't any victory flags in operations, the computer determines your score by either how much land you capture or how many enemies you kill. You can read more in detail in the manual under the Scenario Builder chapter.

oh yes, I forgot to add: An operation can end prematurely if you have reached the opposite side of the map(reach your objective)

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: Pak40 ]</p>