Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Coming (Winter) Attractions

Since it's winter here in the Northern Hemisphere and poor Marco's had very little experience with snow, I took it upon myself to start winterizing Marco's mods. Here's a sneak peek at the soon to be released hi res winter camouflaged M5A1/M8 HMC/Stuart Mk V mod.

This is based on Marco's "Plainpak" Stuarts, so there's lots of beautiful details and no problem with mis-matched nationalities.

GMWinterStu.jpg

Image courtesy of Old Dog. Those German's must have uber-snowplow crews to keep that bridge clean like that. smile.gif

Gordon

[This message has been edited by Gordon (edited 01-19-2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lordfluffers:

I was beginning to wonder if winterised mods were being left behind, superb work Gordon, fancy doing the Chaffee or Pershing winterised next?.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Marco is gonna do a hi-res Chaffee after he gets the Sherman II pack out within the next week or so.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Oddball_E8:

Beautiful... but i dont like the patches of green

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oddball_E8,

So what would you prefer, solid white? That tends to start looking like the "haunted tank" to me. But that's just IMO.

Gordon

Guest Rommel22

Looks good, but what about the side under carriege??? It's just Brown, dark green, shouldn't that be muddy or have the same camo too.

Other than that, it's kick ass, I'll get the mod anyway.

------------------

"If you are a Republican under 30 you have no heart! If you are not a Republican and over 30, you have no brain!"

Winston Churchill

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

Can't wait to get my mitts (pun intended) on this one.

------------------

"The world is wide, and I will not waste my life in friction when it could be turned into momentum."

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rommel22:

Looks good, but what about the side under carriege??? It's just Brown, dark green, shouldn't that be muddy or have the same camo too.

Other than that, it's kick ass, I'll get the mod anyway.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I'm not sure I want to daub mud all over Marco's nice textures. smile.gif And I haven't tried to learn how to paint mud yet.

It actually appears to be a toss up on whether or not a particular crew bothered to paint the suspension of their vehicle. On the one hand it might further aid camouflage somewhat, but on the other hand within about ten minutes of movement it would probably all be covered with mud and muck and be dark colored anyway.

So my solution, at least for now, is to leave the suspension un-whitewashed and "clean".

Gordon

I think the treads might look a little better with some snow on them. They contrast with the white a little too much, IMHO.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

I think the treads might look a little better with some snow on them. They contrast with the white a little too much, IMHO.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you mean "treads" or "running gear" or "lower hull" could use some snow on them? The winter treads do have snow on them (by default), I've got a little snow on the running gear and lower hull (not too much because I figured a lot of it would get knocked off, but maybe not). Or did you just want whitewash all over the place.

Gordon