Super Bowl Predictions

Guest MantaRay

Maximus,thanks for your enlightening comments,and spelling tips.So its spelled S U P E R bowl is it.And how do you Yanks spell "sarcasm".Seriously I actually quite enjoy watching "Football" if only it wasnt on at such an ungodly time here.It always reminds me of Rugby with protective clothing,only more tactically minded.May the best team win!

With a premium on speed these days, fewer NFL players wear knee & thigh pads or protective cups. For those who've never played football, the hard-shell helmet and shoulder pads are more for inflicting pain than protecting against it. NFL players trying to describe the physical punishment they take during the season often describe it as getting into "a major car accident every weekend."

Torn between the most hateable city in America, and the team that was shoplifted from Cleveland... even with a Fresburgian quarterback...

...I gotta, for the first time in my life, take an NY team.

If they both lost it would be OK with me, though. The Red Wings would skate circles around, and beat the snot out of, both of 'em, and be entertaining in the process. So would a green Sicherung squad.

biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Mark IV:

Torn between the most hateable city in America, and the team that was shoplifted from Cleveland... even with a Fresburgian quarterback...

...I gotta, for the first time in my life, take an NY team.

If they both lost it would be OK with me, though. The Red Wings would skate circles around, and beat the snot out of, both of 'em, and be entertaining in the process. So would a green Sicherung squad.

biggrin.gif

I would love for the New York Giants to get on the ice with your chicken wings (in football equipment) and beat the menses out of them. The chwings could use their sticks just cause I am fair.

Alot of people hate Americans (real United States Americans like me) and alot of people hate New Yorkers (real ones like me) but as the song says:

"God shed his grace on thee"

Thats the US that God shed his grace on. Not India or Madagascar or Borneo or Canada.

USA. Say it with me.. USA #1!

God knew.. Enjoy the game

Lewis

Now let me get something straight from the start...I AM NOT CRITICISING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM OF THE U.S.A>,but the line "username"quoted "God shed his grace on thee".Is that not a request in the form of a prayer,i.e. MAY God shed his grace on thee,rather than God DID shed his grace on thee?I'm just curious,and in mitigation its past midnight here.

I predict that the punters will be the only ones to get a bonus after the game. I also predict that for the next super bowl, dotcom companies will finally get tired of sinking money into stupid commercials. Speaking of which, now I finally know where my Wells Fargo checking fees are going to frown.gif

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Ravens: 34 Giants: 7

Hey, how 'bout that cool 3D camera thing they got going huh? Thought I was playing CM there for a minute. wink.giftongue.gif

Who's gonna be watching the XFL starting next weekend? I will, after as many fair catches that were in *this* game!

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 01-28-2001).]

Oh, I'll edit that. Don't wanna be mean. Giants are a good team and deserved to be there, but as everyone has found out, yes the Ravens defense "is" that good.

So, to honor all my Redskins friends. "What do you call a group of millionaires sitting around watching the Superbowl?

The Washington Redskins.

biggrin.gif

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 01-28-2001).]

Guest Madmatt

Well since the game is over, I think that thread should be too.

Congrats to the winners and losers both. It takes a lot to get to the big dance.

Madmatt