CMBO Ad in WWII Magazine

Michael: Yup, I actually saw it the night before I posted this yesterday, but waited until the next day to post it, otherwise it might have been even earlier.

BTS: I'm glad that you didn't use mods. I've had this game since about, oh, July 15th, 2000, 5:23 P.M. C.S.T., but that's just an estimate. In that time, until right this very minute, I haven't dowloaded one single mod. Zilch. Zero. Notta. The only d/l's I've ever performed on the game have been the patches. This is of course soley my preference for way too many reasons to list here.

So, glad to see you used the original, what you see is what you'll get screen shots. For someone just seeing it, I'm sure it will suffice. When I think back to my first reaction of seeing this game, I really wasn't all that interested in the graphics as much as I was the thought of an excellent simulation. Now, without starting a war here, that is merely just MY thoughts, and does not reflect the thoughts of others. (There was the trusty, anti-inflammatory GI Tom disclaimer)

So, I have to place myself in the "Glad ya didn't post the modded, tricked up, version" camp.

Either way, I hope you set some sort of Marketing monitor control in place to track the sales generated from that particular ad. I'm betting you will have brisk sales from it for a short period.

GI Tom

------------------

Think before you POST, TEST before you cry BUG and take a "Time-Out" break before you counter-flame the guy that just called you a Plutonian ButtMonkey---Madmatt

I have to agree with you Gremlin. It's one thing to have "heard" about Combat Mission, as Michael states, but when the casual pc gamer comes across this ad with the quotes from the reviewers and the awards it has recieved, I have to believe that it takes it to a whole new level, one where people are going to think they are missing out on a great game, which in fact they are.

I think it's great for both WWII magazine and BTS. To have an advert like CM in the magazine could help to attract a younger audience to the mag. My impression of magazines like WWII or Military history, is that they seem to go for the, excuse my term, geritol generation. It used to turn me off reading the mag seeing ads for $15 polyester slacks or shoes that my grandfather would wear. An ad like CM is just the thing to get younger people learning about history, thinking that "cool, I can play history, not just have to read about it". I think it's a win/win situation......

-Ski

------------------

"The Lieutenant brought his map out and the old woman pointed to the coastal town of Ravenoville........"