Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

To whom it may concern....

I was doing good there for awhile, staying away, not getting involved. But then I felt the need to reply to one of Pillar's neverending posts the other day and have found myself once again in the thick of this morass.

I really love this game, I really love the military and what it has done for my life. I hope those of you who are so ready to take offense or climb up on your horse when I act out a little, can one day find something that makes you feel the way I do. Otherwise you will have led a very empty life, sir. I'm only thirty and no longer in the military. But even being as young as I am, I wouldn't trade any of my experiences for anyone else's.

I think CM is a wonderful game and I will continue to play it and devote some of my prescious time to posting articles and tutorials. I'm way to busy a man to get wrapped up in this message board like I do. I find we are rehashing all the same old arguemants, throwing the same old insults back and forth and not accomplishing a damn thing. But then there really isnt anything to accomplish.

CM is a very versatile system. Use it for whatever the hell you like. If you know little about tactics or how CM works then read the tutorials and decide who and how you want to play. I know how I want to play it and the kinda players I want to play against. That in itself makes me a happy man. And thats enough for me.

Enjoy your gaming expereince.

[This message has been edited by ScoutPL (edited 01-31-2001).]

Originally posted by ScoutPL:

. I hope those of you who are so ready to take offense or climb up on your horse when I act out a little, can one day find something that makes you feel the way I do. Otherwise you will have led a very empty life, sir.

So don't "act out." This is an admission that you've misbehaved in some way. Follow the Golden Rule ('do unto others as you would have others do unto you'), laugh it off when others don't do that, and treat everyone with respect. Don't say you're happy, be happy. And those around you will be happy. Then we'll be happy.

And don't presume that no one else has found anything fulfilling in their lives. I've been in the military 14 years myself, but I don't think it is the be all and end all of human existence. I wouldn't give it up for the world, and like you, I wish others could know what it's like to have done some of the things I've done, had some of the responsibilities I've had, and gone to the places I've gone.

But I don't really think that others who don't serve are incapable of feeling those same things.

Your last two paras are right on the money. Well stated.

Thanks for the sunday school lesson, Dorosh. What are you the unit EO rep?

I made none of the generalizations you accuse me of making about the military and those who didnt serve. I only stated I hoped others had something in their lives they felt as strongly about as I did. I'm just one man, and a rather weak one at that. I have faults. One of them happens to be an inability to always turn the other cheek. If only I had the clear thinking and iron will of a few of the folks who post here. But, alas, I dont, so to save myself the headache and high blood pressure, I'm going to make "Enjoy your gaming experience" my new motto and stay out of these petty fights over silly ideas. Bygones.

Guest Madmatt

Ok I am not sure what thread caused this one to pop up (I am sure I will hear about it before long) but ScoutPL has said his peace and it is best to move on now.

Madmatt