Relative spotting and Multiplayer

During a CM game the other night, I could have sworn I spotted my old uncle Earl driving one of my Sherm's... (groan - apologies if that line has been used in a previous relative spotting thread)

Seriously, I think if BTS were able to do multiplayer TCP/IP and relative spotting in CMII or whenever, it would answer alot of the concerns some people seem to have about the proposed implementation of relative spotting - mainly the fact that you still will have a god's eye view of the battlefield. Imagine with multiplayer, you only have knowledge of the troops under your control, and what they can see. Also imagine an additional level of FOW - friend or foe ident. Friendly fire wouldn't be so friendly if you're not communicating well with your partners. "Now where did Cpt. Muckawitz say he was going to advance?"

Hoping that we'll get multiplayer AND relative spotting at some point in the CM saga...

TigerChow

Hi,

I agree 100% that “relative spotting” and “relative command” and such, are best dealt with by team play. With three, four and one day a dozen players on each side, all these issues would disappear for the reasons you give.

Team play, and a quality operational/campaign layer, are my number one hopes for CMII, the new engine.

All the best,

Kip.