How do Engineers clear mines?

Do I just walk the Engineers onto the mine field? Won't they get blown up? SHould I put them near or on top of the mine field? Is there a "clear mine field" command if they are close enough to an mine field? I have actually never had to do this before but my current opponent has blocked the only road with an anti-tank mine field and I have to clear it to proceed. I posted in tip and tricks, but no one has replied and I can't find my manual after moving.

First of one, there are two types of anti-tank mines. Daisey-chains and regular.

Daisey-chains are readily visible. You'll spot them from a good distance. Regular types you have to get close to before you can see them.

Now, in order for engineers to clear mines you have to use them in two different ways according to what type of mines they were. (You can't tell which kind they are by clicking on them, but like I said, you'll be able to spot daisey chain from a distance.)

To clear daisey chains, you just have to get engineers within 10 meters or so from the sign. They will clear them after a turn or two if they aren't being fired at.

However to clear regular mines, the engineers have to have a satchel charge in their inventory. Appraoch the mine sign as above and after a turn or two they will chuck the satchel charge into the mines and then it will be removed.

Thanks Maximus. After sitting on TOP of the anti-Tank mine field for two turns with no results my engineers then came under fire and were forced to flee of the road. But then my opponent surrendered, so I never had a chance to go back a learn/try to clear the mines. So I appreciate the reply.

I've seccessfully removed mines on several occations , yes simply by placing engeneers close to the mind field. But on one occasion I just cleared a road of some daisy chains and had the squad move on and sent my Shermans barreling down the road when suddenly the first tank was destroyed ! by the mines that were just cleared a turn before.......majic...amazing, re-appearing mines. What a bummer. Anyone ever have a similar expierience ????? :confused: