MOD Manager

There's a more recent screen dump of the mod manager being developed.

It shows 4 alternative Tiger 1 mods, from a user selected directory, and you can see that individual bitmaps from several mod packs can be selected to create a 'composite' Tiger (I'm not sure if you'd really want to do that!)

It's at

http://www.geocities.com/mikekh123/mod_manager.html

Mike

Guest claespiper

Looks interesting. Hope it will inlcude the option to view any .jpg that exist inside the .zip-file. This would be better than to view the .bmp files as some mods include a LOT of .bmp's

Regards

Claes

Ps. I could to test it for you, if you need a tester that is :)

claespiper

You only see the bitmaps for the thing you have selected, not all the bitmaps in the mod pack.

Can't see jpg's in this version, maybe the next. And I'll remember your offer of testing.

bfamily33

ETA is 'soon', ** however ** I don't have the time or inclination to enter all of the 'object to bitmap' mappings into a data file (XML) used by the software. Maybe if people like using the Mod Manager then we can organise a communal effort to do this.

It's written in Java so in theory will run on the Mac and the PC. However the Mac handles bitmaps etc differently to the PC and I don't have access to a Mac to check it out. So at the moment it runs only on PC.

Once it's been tested/used on the PC if a Java hacker with a Mac drops me a line we can sort out any of the issues.

mike

Originally posted by Pascal DI FOLCO:

where did you get your Hetzer mod on the 1st screenshot ? Can't remember having seen this one confused.gif ...

Sorry can't remember... Or is it the green spots causing the confusion. If it is then the spots are what I sprayed on when testing it with PaintShop Pro.

[This message has been edited by KiloIndiaAlpha (edited 03-01-2001).]

[This message has been edited by KiloIndiaAlpha (edited 03-03-2001).]

for macs, there are currently two mod managers, MCM3 and CM Mac Mod.

They are located at CMHQ, in the third party mods section.

AFAIK, there are no plans to convert this new mod manager to the mac. If a mac user plans on doing this, please contact me so we can coordinate the mapping of the textures. I'll be changing the mapping of the winter textures in the next couple of months, to overcome the file size limit we're starting to brush against.

best,

dave

------------------

History is made at night

• 2 weeks later...