French Units, squad equipment question

Hi, did a quick search and was unable to find an answer to the following.

Why the French units don't seem to have any... what's the technical term... "small-things-carry-on-person-throw-at-enemy-they-go-BOOM"? Ok, grenades/gammon bombs, etc. I thought I would play a QB as French so I picked up at least 1 infantry company (must obscure facts in case my opponent is reading this. Fate, stop reading now smile.gif ) and none of them had any grenades. Will this mean that it will be harder for me to bust open a Pillbox, etc? This would decrease their effectiveness in close combat situations. So for the same price, why buy French over the Americans? (execpt for the OUTRAGEOUS accents, of course) ;)

thanks!

-Ryddle

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ryddle:

For the same price, why buy French over the Americans?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To please me?

:D

We Frogs had grenades.

I can substantiate that by various historical accounts and serious iconography.

That alone should withstand peer reviewing.

BTS, please fix or do somefink!

AFAIK Free French have grenades in the game too.

But don't expect Gammon bombs and whatnots because Frogs are just generic troops and much to my dismay (I don't want to show off but I have a very big dismay) you won't find Colonial Troops or the Foreign Legion which were our shock troops and were more likely to be equiped like rabid grenade launching fellas...

Hmmm... I did a quick toodle through my troops listed (every squad in a number of platoons) and I didn't have any icons show up that indicated grenades or that sort of thing. These guys had not even been in the battle yet... (unless they have been trying to frag their platoon HQ)

*shrug* I'll try some solo-QB's and re-confirm when I get off of work.

Cheers,

-R

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ryddle:

Hmmm... I did a quick toodle through my troops listed (every squad in a number of platoons) and I didn't have any icons show up that indicated grenades or that sort of thing. These guys had not even been in the battle yet... (unless they have been trying to frag their platoon HQ)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Grenades are never seen on the menu for any squad on any side. Only Gammon bombs, which are only used by paratroops, and rifle grenades which only American infantry have, are shown on the info bar. Grenade supplies are unlimited.