Need history advisor for the project

My apologies for writing the message that is not related to the Combat Mission. For the record, I do own the game and think its great, and have been reading a lot of posts here but not participating in the actual discussion. I do find the public here VERY knowledgeble and thats why I'm reqeusting help here and not anywhere else.

The team for Stalingrad MOD project (www.planetquake.com/stalingradmod) is looking for the historic advisor who can write up the text for vehicles, weapons, and historical facts for our game. It is a free Modification using Quake 3 engine but, as you will see from the screenshots, we already have some tallented people working with us. The person who will help us will recieve a full credit as being part of the project, bassically be on the same level as everyone else who is working on this. Please check out the web page I provided, post your comments here if you want, and e-mail to stalingradmod@hotmail.com if you are interested in this. We need a dedicated person who has a lot of knowledge for Eastern front durring the battle of Stalingrad for both sides.

Once again I apologize for posting off topic, but I just thought that this would the best forum to get historian/gamers. I'm VERY looking forward to Combat Mission 2, and will get is as soon as it will come out.

Thank you.

Ok, we are still looking for a historian for this exciting MOD. We have some tallented people working on this already and need someone who knows the Eastern front. Come on guys, I'm sure some of you wanted to participate in creating a game and getting credit for it smile.gif

This is not really about specific questions (although I do have tons of them), its more about a person joining our team. A person who can help us from historic point of view, give us sugestions, and write up descriptions for our vehicles, weapons, history, etc. Everyone on the team have knowledge about battle of Stalingrad and equipment that was used (please pardon the Panzerchreck). But we also want a person who can give us more details and take care of all historical things. Once again, this is a free project (kinda like Counter Strike in a way) but that person will share the equal ammount of credit for this project with the rest of the team.

Sorry I haven't had a chance to fulfil the conditions of the "audition" you wanted me to undertake; I am studying for a precourse exam before I go off for the summer to do real Army stuff for a month. I will try and send you some samples of writing this weekend, if you are still interested.

Sounds great smile.gif I just didn't recieve any replys from you Michael so I decided you didn't want the task at hand. Do you think you would be able to contribute regulary even when you'll go to the army? We need a fully dedicated person for this task, the one we can constantly throw questions against and keep us in check so something like Panzerchreck would not happen again (and give us a nice alternative at the same time). Otherwise we are still more than happy to have you aboard, after you send us the description for the task and every member takes a look at it.

But since I see people support you almost instantly, I don't think it will be a problem smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nahimov:

Sounds great smile.gif I just didn't recieve any replys from you Michael so I decided you didn't want the task at hand. Do you think you would be able to contribute regulary even when you'll go to the army? We need a fully dedicated person for this task, the one we can constantly throw questions against and keep us in check so something like Panzerchreck would not happen again (and give us a nice alternative at the same time). Otherwise we are still more than happy to have you aboard, after you send us the description for the task and every member takes a look at it.

But since I see people support you almost instantly, I don't think it will be a problem smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am on course in Borden from 18 July to 20 August. Other than that, I am free. If that works with your timetable, it works for me. I still have your email but I have 400 in my inbox; sorry - email me again and we can discuss this off forum.

Thanks to Slappy and the Leatherneck for the support!