Acquiring targets

My biggest complaint about CbtM has to do with acquiring targets.

1) This afternoon, I was playing (by e-mail) TF Butler and had the following situation happen - night scenario btw.

A bazooka team moved until T+39 and destroyed a Pz IV (60m away) by T+50.

So in 11 sec, the team ...

- located the Mk IV (that had moved)

- loaded the bazooka

- hit the target on the 1st shot.

This also happens in reverse where the tank acquires the AT team way too easily. Here's a for-instance,

2) Barraque des Fraitures, bazooka team is hidden and a buttoned-up Pz moves to within 50 meters. The Pz is to their right front and showing a 3/4 view. Team un-hides and targets Pz - misses with 2 shots and dies while taking 4 shots in 40 secs from the Pz.

I have a problem understanding how it is possible for a restricted vision Pz can spot the bazooka team in such a short time (in this case it was 15 sec)or how the bazooka team can spot the non-firing Pz. in 10 sec.

Is it me or is this something that should be looked at ?

Cheers,

Rifle

A good tank crew would probably assign scan areas to each crew member to cover as much area as possible. Tanks within 50m or 60m of woods probably have to be on alert for infantry attack of some sort. Poor tank crews or vehicles with bad sighting glass, vision block location, etc. might miss fact that shots occurred.

How much smoke and blast evidence does bazooka leave behind? If little or none, panzer gunner would have to aim based on instructions from commander. This takes alot of coordination and skill.

Buttoned tanks are much less likely to spot targets that are on their flanks, and even less likely to spot targets behind them. Crew experience matters, of course, with the experienced crews usually spotting targets faster. When using zooks or small, quick firing AT guns, I generally try to get flank shots, even if it means waiting with the target dead in my sights for a turn. Not only does this increase the chance of a kill, but if my gunners miss, they can get off a second shot before they are spotted. This gives them 3 good chances to make the kill, and if they can't do it by then, they deserve getting shot at.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska