Multiple Batch Files for Different Units

Okay,...after many long hours of trying to get these batch files to work, I have come here to the heven of CM,... I've read old Dogs Paper on hmods, I understand mods, I have the entire game modded, all I have to get now is batch files. So far, I have installed and have working Marco Bergmans HR Shermans, I followed the instructions, putting the DOS files into the default folder(in my case C:\Games\CMBO etc) I have made my shortcuts and unzipped the bitmaps into the BMP folder. It works great! BUT, now I want to install his M5 and M8 mod with their own batch files, what do I do? Do I unzip the DOS files into that very same folder ? But that over rights them! So for the past week, I have been running around in circles, trying to figure this out, and since the search engine is down also, I can't even find any old news or info on BF's... So I come here,... could someone please explain to me what I do? I really need help...oh please I beg of someone,....I'm a mod**** and I need this man....Oh god,...I'm going through withdrawl...

Dave

Remain calm, Capt... help is on the way!! :D

All of Marco's batch files are designed to overwrite each other, so that there ends up being only (1) FF batch and icon, (1) Brit batch and icon, (1) U.S. Low-vis batch and icon, etc. The one batch for each nationality/variation will process any and all Bergman mods of that nationality that it finds in the BMP folder.

The caveat here (and it's an important one) is that the latest version of the batch files must be the ones you install last. If an older version ends up being last, you will miss out out on AFV's and BMPs modded since that version of the batches were written.

In your case, you have installed the newest mod (you do have the new "ALL SHERMAN" mod and not the old M4/M4A3 only mod, correct?) and the newest version of the batch files, and now want to install an older mod. There is a simple solution:

Simply unzip the Stuart mod into an empty temporary folder, delete everything but the BMP files themselves (that is delete all the batch files and the icons), and copy the BMPs only into your CMBO/BMP folder.

Since the batch files that came with the Shermans are "Stuart-ready" :cool: , when you run the shortcuts you have already set up, the Stuarts will be included.

If any of this is unclear or doesn't seem to work, drop me an e-mail, and we'll get it sorted out.

For reference, here is the order in which the Bergman multinational batch file mods were released. Anyone installing these mods needs to be sure that they install the latest one last, or do as I've explained above to add an earlier mod.

US/FF M4/M4A3 mod (obsolete & replaced by the new All M4 mod)

British/Canadian/Polish Sherman III/V mod

Brit/Can/Pole Firefly mod

US/Brit/Can T8/Stuart Roo mod

US/FF/Brit/Can M5/Stuart/M8 HMC mod and OD add-on

US/FF All M4/Brit Sherman II mod and Winter add-on

Optionpack add-on for All M4 series mods (released to MadMatt and coming RSN :cool: )

- Old Dog

Capt here again...

Alright, thank you very much Old Dog and Maximus :D, I have all of those mods running smoothly now! But now I've came to another bump in the road.. :(..I want to install Gordon Moleks beautiful British Shermans, and after reading the word document that came with it, I find that I need to install Marco Bergmans older British Shermans,...So that means I will half to install those mods with their batch files, then his all new hr Shermans and his Stuart mod along with his Roo mod? Right or Wrong? :confused: That will be allright but might take a long time,...and after that I want to install Gordon Moleks British Sherman Mods, do I need to know anything earth-shattering important when doing that, or is it as simple as taking a walk?

Many Thanks,...I couldn't of made it without you guys last night,...I had the shakes!

Dave

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Capt Canuck:

Capt here again...

Alright, thank you very much Old Dog and Maximus :D, I have all of those mods running smoothly now! But now I've came to another bump in the road.. :(..I want to install Gordon Moleks beautiful British Shermans, and after reading the word document that came with it, I find that I need to install Marco Bergmans older British Shermans,...So that means I will half to install those mods with their batch files, then his all new hr Shermans and his Stuart mod along with his Roo mod? Right or Wrong? :confused: That will be allright but might take a long time,...and after that I want to install Gordon Moleks British Sherman Mods, do I need to know anything earth-shattering important when doing that, or is it as simple as taking a walk?

Many Thanks,...I couldn't of made it without you guys last night,...I had the shakes!

Dave<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dave,

In general, you always want to have the latest and greatest version of the batch files and shortcuts, but you can install the BMPs from mods in just about any order. So, for instance if you download one of the Camo Stuart mods, you'll have the latest and greatest version of the batch files and shortcuts, and then can install the BMPs (only) from the "older" mods and you won't have to worry about not having it set up correctly.

Is that clear as mud? :cool:

Gordon

Oh thank you very much, I was able to install all of the mods with the batch files correctly, and now all of the shermans (All nationalities)have their batch files etc...and have the latest(as far as I know) mods on! Thank you very muct for all your help, Gordon and Old Dog,... Thank you so much!

Just to rehash, now say if you(Gordon) were to publish another Sherman mod does that mean that all I'll have to do when I get it is put the bmp files in the BMP folder, no copying batch files and what not, Yay if thats right,...Alllllrighttttt!! If that's not the case!

Again, thank you everyone!

David :D:D:D

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Capt Canuck:

Oh thank you very much, I was able to install all of the mods with the batch files correctly, and now all of the shermans (All nationalities)have their batch files etc...and have the latest(as far as I know) mods on! Thank you very muct for all your help, Gordon and Old Dog,... Thank you so much!

Just to rehash, now say if you(Gordon) were to publish another Sherman mod does that mean that all I'll have to do when I get it is put the bmp files in the BMP folder, no copying batch files and what not, Yay if thats right,...Alllllrighttttt!! If that's not the case!

Again, thank you everyone!

David :D:D:D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

David,

Yes smile.gif and No :( It depends on what you mean by "another Sherman mod". If, for example, I published the Black/Olive Drab camo M4s and you install it and then the Field Drab/Olive Drab camo M4s is released. In this case, you can only have one version installed at a time, so you can use CM Mod Manager to "install" either the B/OD or FD/OD version and then run the batch file to activate the M4 camo option (you don't need to overwrite the batch files).

If, I come out with a new mod featuring the little known "flower-children" tanks of Oddball's unit from Kelly's Heroes, that would probably require an updated set of batch files.

The important thing to remember with the batch file system is that once it's up and running, there's very little required to "upgrade" it to a newer version. Simply overwrite the old "usandff.bat" and "cmnwlth.bat" files and add any new shortcuts (if any).

Gordon