FO's show ~35 seconds left until barrage . . .

But that's where the enemy's own troops are. Besides, this is against a human and it's a scenario test. We're in contact.

Along the same lines I had explosion sounds the game's thrid turn pretty much in the same place where my own shells are now landing (it's sixth turn at present) but I could never see any explosion effects, could find no shell craters, etc. Worse yet, my opponent claims he didn't fire a thing.

Originally posted by Tris:

But that's where the enemy's own troops are. Besides, this is against a human and it's a scenario test. We're in contact.

Are you sure his troops are there (visible units, not nation markers)? He could have been counting on you charging in and laid down a barrage, or if he's a newbie accidentally left a targeting order for his arty (it's been known to happen). If you think it's really a bug, send both movie files to bts with the passwords and a complete description of what you think is happening. I suspect it really is just FOW though.

------------------

"If you can taste the difference between caviar on a cracker and ketchup on a Kit-Kat while blindfolded, you have not had enough aquavit to be ready for lutefisk." (stolen from some web page about lutefisk)

Guest barrold713

Could the explosion sounds be background noise or are they the louder sounds of shells landing on the map?

I have never seen such behavior before and it sounds more than just spotting rounds. Do you have any other FO that might be spotting the same area?

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

- Ben Franklin

I'm clear on where my FO's were and what they were doing. The unfriendly rounds were definitely "real" and "live," not part of the ambient background. And my opponent isn't playing against me but in a test with me--we exchange information when it seems appropriate.