Maannnnn I am dumb

You would think someone might have told me, however, I will hearby reveal something that took me 3 months to work out.

If you ( like me) like a particular map and just " wished " you could make a scenario from it of your own design well - you can.

Just select the map from the load box and there is the map!!. Just delete the force composition and and add your own.

Add a note that the map was made by the rightfull owner and everyone's happy.

[You may of course be a mapper and love endlessly drawing elivations .. its not me...]

I may be dumb but I'm sure as hell happy I found THAT out at last !!!!

:D

Are you talking about using maps from the game's assortment of scenario's? or from 3rd party scenario's? I would love to be able to use some of the game's maps but tryed after reading your post and couldn;t bring them up from the "Load" button after saving the actual scenario. I would appreciate help on this as I spend so much time creating a map and I too am not in to map building. Any body? :(

"tryed after reading your post and couldn;t bring them up from the "Load" button after saving the actual scenario. I would appreciate help"

Scenario files are saved in two different directories - "scenario" and "saved game". That is the likely cause of your confusion or inability to find the right item.

From the main screen, go to "create scenario", then pick "load", then -browse- for the right directory and select the right file name. Hit "OK" and that scenario will then be loaded.

You can then go to the unit and parameter screens and change the forces present, time, weather, etc. Be sure to save the result to a -different- file name, however, when you are done. The old file name will then play the original scenario. The new one will play your revision, with altered forces etc. You can also go to the map and tweak the terrain, yada yada.

I hope this helps.