Need help with modmanager!

Hi guys I'm having a little trouble with the modmanager.

First of all I'm not sure what version I'm supposed to put in for my CD. I have the newest version and I have the 1.12 patch so do I put in 1.12? or is the version of the cd still 1.1 maybe?

Second of all when I try to copy the core files it takes forever and I end up with a zip file 40 megs big-yet isnt this supposed to take more than 200 megs? and it never seemed to stop copying either-the cd seemed to stop spinnning yet I had the icon (sandclock or whatever) which suggested that it was still doing something.

Then when I tried to quit I got somekind of error pop up saying something like "List not found (-1) or something like that.

So I had to ctrl-alt-del just to close the program. Could someone help me with this?

Also, what happens when I have conflicting mods installed? I'm thinking of the MDMP and then I try to install something else that is already in the pack-what happens then?

Thanks in advance guys!

I've had the PC Mod manager way before the 1.12 patch so it really shouldn't make a difference as inputting the patch number in the mod manager. If you haven't, be sure to apply the 1.0f patch for the manager from http://www.combatmission.com/mods/pcmodman.asp If you want, uninstall both the mod manager and CM altogether and reinstall. First CM, the 1.12 patch, then the Mod Manager then its 1.0f patch. When you start the manager be sure to enter the proper entries in the configuration tabs. I've never had your error messages before. Be especially sure of course to properly enter the path for CM's directory then for the Mods directory (mine goes like this C:\PROGRAM FILES\CMBO\Mods).

Mods also work like this(be sure to read the readme. Read it too even though I'm impatient): The Mod manager reads and applies the mods from the bottom to the top that are CHECKED. Say for example the Jagdpanther mod in the MDMP. Nice model but you've found another mod of the JgPanther elsewhere and want to use it instead of the MDMP one. All you have to do is make sure it is listed anywhere ABOVE the MDMP one. The manager will read the MDMP and apply the mod. It will work it's way up the CHECKED mods up until this Jagdpanther mod you like then it will apply it and OVERWRITE the MDMP's Jagdpanther. Remember, it won't erase everything the MDMP put in before, just the Jagdpanther.

Here's also another tip: Put really large, encompassing mods like the MDMP and terrain mods at the very bottom of your mod list so that the manager will apply them FIRST. This is especially good for the MDMP since they cover so many upgrades to varying units. While you slowly build up a huge mod collection(you'll be a mod slut like the rest of us) you'll maybe eventually replace everything the MDMP has applied with your preferred mods. Hope this helps, but learning how to put together your own personal mods out of other people's mods with options/extras is a complex story. The readme is the best I can reccommend for it. Hope this helps.

------------------

"Uncommon valor was a common virtue"-Adm.Chester Nimitz of the Marines on Iwo Jima

Congratulations, and welcome aboard. Now, hop into that Tiger tank and rip open some Allied soda cans, erm, I mean tanks.

------------------

"Uncommon valor was a common virtue"-Adm.Chester Nimitz of the Marines on Iwo Jima

[This message has been edited by Warmaker (edited 03-09-2001).]

The version number of your CD varies on how long ago you bought CM. Mine came as v1.03 so I entered that into the manager and haven't changed it ever since even after applying the newer CM patches. When you first install CM WITHOUT applying a patch and enter the menu/splash screen you can see the version number in one of the lower corners. That's about the only way I know off the top of the head. Another is to look at CM's readme.txt I think and it usually tells the current version number on the top for descriptive purposes.

------------------

Oops. Scratch what I said about the version number entering. Just go into the Core Files tab and reenter the path to your CMBO\Mods directory if your having the Index message errors still. As for me, I didn't even enter the version number of the CD. It still says "1.0?" even with all my working mods.

------------------

AhhhhH!!! this is so frustrating!

first of all I can't seem to solve that problem that wont let me close the modmanager.

So then I say to myself-I'll just launch the game and worry about that later

but it wont let me launch because I havent specified a Combat Mission Program to Launch!!

So I go back to the configuration to do that but I cant figure out how! are u supposed to write something in there? when I click on the empty box it shows a broken line surrounding what is almost an invisble file-cause u can see the line but there's no file! how do I specify what program to launch?

Go to the Configuration Tab and be sure to set the Combat Mission Path. As you're doing that you should see a little window to the side showing all the files like Readme.txt and OpenPlay.dll. You should also see Combat Mission.exe. Highlight it and then hit OK. You may be able to see now in the Combat Mission Program to Launch Window,"Combat Mission."

------------------

Ok I got it to work now-I basically had to uninstall both and the install again frown.gif

(BTW how come there is no uninstall option for CM? Is it because the developers knew we wouldnt need one or did they have something more sinister in mind? wink.gif )

Now my only question is-how do you UNINSTAL a certain mod? so that it will go back to the original?